Goldman refusing to issue IPO if all company directors are straight, white men

PhatMack19

Quote:

The mandate is the latest in a series of signals that non-diverse boards and management are unacceptable. BlackRock Inc. and State Street Global Advisors are voting against directors at companies without a female director. Public companies with all-male boards based in California now face a $100,000 fine under a new state law. 

"It's pretty amazing," said Fred Foulkes, a management professor at the Boston University Questrom School of Business. "It's a seismic change. I was quite amazed and I wonder what's going to happen at JPMorgan and Morgan Stanley."

1 hour ago, UT alum said:

Is this all you guys got to beef about? It’s a free market, free market conservatives. If you don’t like it, sell your stake in Black Rock, or boycott the companies whose stock make up its portfolio. Don’t whine like the little snowflakes you love to hate.

If it excluded black people, you’d be the biggest crier of all.

Is this all you guys got to beef about? It’s a free market, free market conservatives. If you don’t like it, sell your stake in Black Rock, or boycott the companies whose stock make up its portfolio. Don’t whine like the little snowflakes you love to hate.

UT Alum- do you think it is a good policy?  If I remember correctly, the wedding cake business is not in a free market according to you and your ilk.

2 minutes ago, stevenash said:

UT Alum- do you think it is a good policy?  If I remember correctly, the wedding cake business is not in a free market according to you and your ilk.

My “ilk”? I ain’t got no ilk, pal. It may be good corporate policy, may not. I guess you’d want the government to fix it? Make it “fair” for the white folk? I say, let the market decide. Snowflake-like behavior, I’m tellin’ ya. And snow is the whitest of white, ain’t it?

23 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

We all know racism is a one way street to the black man.

Once again, I’ll say I’ve met plenty of prejudiced black people, but never one who thought he was better than me because of race. They see themselves equal. Racists see themselves better than. It is a very important distinction if there’s ever to be constructive conversation on the subject.

4 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Once again, I’ll say I’ve met plenty of prejudiced black people, but never one who thought he was better than me because of race. They see themselves equal. Racists see themselves better than. It is a very important distinction if there’s ever to be constructive conversation on the subject.

Sounds good to say it but you don’t practice what you preach.

8 minutes ago, baddog said:

Sounds good to say it but you don’t practice what you preach.

How the hell you know what I practice?

I don’t like The Home Depot or Chick-Fil-A’s public positions on homosexuality or same sex marriage. I don’t bitch about them to anyone. I don’t spend my money with them. That’s what talks in a market economy.

I don’t like The Home Depot or Chick-Fil-A’s public positions on homosexuality or same sex marriage. I don’t bitch about them to anyone. I don’t spend my money with them. That’s what talks in a market economy.

Meant Hobby Lobby, not Home Depot.

You are answering the wrong post. 

Boycotting the NFL did have an effect, but too many people shop Hobby Lobby for your 2 cents to have an impact. You can simply feel good that they don’t have your money, but Hobby Lobby can still have their political views.

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

My “ilk”? I ain’t got no ilk, pal. It may be good corporate policy, may not. I guess you’d want the government to fix it? Make it “fair” for the white folk? I say, let the market decide. Snowflake-like behavior, I’m tellin’ ya. And snow is the whitest of white, ain’t it?

Obviously you missed my point.  And no, the less "fixing" the government does, the better.  The left believes that government is the answer to all ills.   Do you remember the baker being forced to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple?   Is that a free market?

5 hours ago, UT alum said:

Goldman is the largest underwriter of IPO’s in the country.  I guess you could boycott the stock market if you want, but not sure how that will work out for you.  

I have a problem with huge global companies that nearly have monopolies telling who companies can hire if they want to be allowed to go public on the stock market.  

3 hours ago, UT alum said:

Hobby Lobby is a private company so they can do whatever they want.  Chick Fil-A donated to the Salvation Army, Fellowship of Christian Athletes and many other charities.  

Both are Christian organizations that donate to Christian charities.  They have done nothing to discriminate against gays or anyone for that matter.  Just admit you hate Christians and move on.  It would be a lot easier to take you serious if you were honest.  

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

Obviously you missed my point.  And no, the less "fixing" the government does, the better.  The left believes that government is the answer to all ills.   Do you remember the baker being forced to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple?   Is that a free market?

The Biblical argument was used to justify white supremacy, and Biblical objections are the only ones I’ve heard against homosexuals marrying. Discrimination is discrimination regardless whether based on race, sex, or religion. Someone operating in the public arena, taking advantage of all benefits of a free economy has no right subjecting their beliefs on their customers, regardless of race, sex, or religion.