• Central
    • Ozen
    • West Brook

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AND my final post...

the beaumont bowl means absolutely nothing anymore. WB needs harder games to prepare them for their 5A season. No offense little guys..but i've been there and the worst defenses in our district made Mack Randall and winston Sylvester (ozen and central's studs a few year ago) seem slow and soft.

But thats besides the point. The Bmt Bowl used to mean something...but when WB started winning again with Stump...all we heard of around the locker room and town for that matter was "the Soul Bowl"...something about how WB dont count and how the real battle is between ozen and central. (maybe its because WB isnt a "magnet" school...i dont know). ANYWAYS BISD does need to let WV schedule some of their own games...because the beaumont games really serve no purpose except forcing wb to play at Cardinal Stadium and make BISD lots of money on concessions, etc.

But we wasnt' sayign that when, not too long ago, they was the doormats of everyone.  Even Nederland was in onthe massicre.  Like I said, act like you won some games.  then after that, yall started beating Ozen in double and triple OT.  And you wonder why teams like Westfield are laughing at yall.  BTW, Mack Randle was soft as cotton. He was just big.  Sylvester was a monster.  I think he could hold his own against teams in 21-5a.

You really don't know what you are talking about. Central beat WB in 89, o boy and let's not forget that beating in 90 42-7, came back in 91 and shut them out at Westbrook 10- 0 with a powerhouse defense and a lil back by the name of Leeland Mccroy. Beat them some more year not including 53-0 blow out. It's been a while since we even knew WB was still in town. But if you are going to post, post what you know to be true.

Your wrong 1991, Leeland Mcelroy was a senior the school year of 1992, but his senior football year was the 1991 game.  I know because I was also my senior year at WB, and I played in the game.  We beat Central 24-21 with a goal line stance in the closing moments of the game. He was a great running back, but we had junior James Brown at QB. That was the closest anybody came to beating us in the regular season that year.  We screed up in the playoffs, but that team COULD'VE been the second state champs at WB and that's no lie.

I remember that I was going to be a freshman at WB the next year.  Didn't Central have 5 plays inside the 3 yard line and couldn't punch it in?  Yeah that team was good, I think the got as high as 5th in the State that year.

Your right, we had a good team, but come playoff time guys heads got too big for thier helmets and Aldine Macarthur put us out. We had one heck of an O line, great WR, great QB, just couldn't put it together in the playoffs. Should've, would've, could've. We beat WOS ranked #1 in 4A, Yates with a RB that went to Oklahoma, Deer Park with QB Cory Pullig, Baytown Sterling with TE Hendrix (Florida St), Central with RB Mcelroy, and all the other teams during regular season.  Our offensive was probabily in the top three best offenses that WB has ever had, and Defense was the same.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho