Aledo’s secret?

OneChance

4 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Do we include "flag football" also? There are some strong flag programs in the state. 

So you’re the type that thinks six-man isn’t as important as 11-man? That’s cool. I think they are all equally important but that may be just me. But you do you. 

17 minutes ago, AEIOU said:

So you’re the type that thinks six-man isn’t as important as 11-man? That’s cool. I think they are all equally important but that may be just me. But you do you. 

You can argue with the UIL record book. Richland Springs is not included in the record book. They do not play the same sport as Aledo. 

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Next thing he will tell you that 6A state championships mean more than any other state championship.

Next thing I will tell you is "consult with the UIL". Myself, the UIL record books and EVERY single authority on Earth do not count 6-Man football as the same sports as 11 man football. The only folks count 6 man football as the same sport as 11 man football are those on SETX forum who would like to catch 89Falcon in a mistake. 

1 hour ago, dj said:

It's not abt been worse coach. Other coaches can be better in these days and age.its like this the 4 state title teams had great offenses and dominant defenses.just our conservative approach to offense is catching up with us.these days u have to score.and adjust to this style.w.o will be better the next 2yrs.they will be in games with anyone.but alot of gud teams will scout us and throw something at us that we haven't seen.wheather they excute it or not.and one other thing is doing the years we won state.they were dominant at the line of scrimmage.on both sides of the ball.we can defend the wing T better than anyone.but I can't see w.o been dominant at the line of scrimmage anytime soon.so adjustment has to be made.and I can't see us doing that.with the coaching style we have.

players + coaches + strength of schedule = wins. 

players > coaches 

strength of schedule > players and coaches.

Even bad coaches can win games with great players.  Even bad coaches can win with an easy schedule.  Good coaches will win when preparation/experience come into play with comparable talent.

EVEN GOOD COACHES CAN NOT WIN (deep runs) WITHOUT GOOD PLAYERS

I don't care what you say.. sometimes graduation is the difference between a state contender and struggling to make playoffs.  Sometimes UIL cutoffs/alignments make the difference between winners and losers. 

11 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

players + coaches + strength of schedule = wins. 

players > coaches 

strength of schedule > players and coaches.

Even bad coaches can win games with great players.  Even bad coaches can win with an easy schedule.  Good coaches will win when preparation/experience come into play with comparable talent.

EVEN GOOD COACHES CAN NOT WIN (deep runs) WITHOUT GOOD PLAYERS

I don't care what you say.. sometimes graduation is the difference between a state contender and struggling to make playoffs.  Sometimes UIL cutoffs/alignments make the difference between winners and losers. 

When it comes to small school success (4A and down), you forget the most important element to success. Gene pool.

21 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Agreed. However, there is no school in the state (perhaps in all-time history of the state) that can match Aledo's recent run. Aledo though not financially challenged, does not have the most resources in the state.

There may be a handful of teams that we generally expect to be in the mix for a title on yearly basis. There will be an additional 100+ schools in the state that have similar resources but fall drastically short on results. We may be able to identify a trend among the "perceived contenders" but to make a conclusion we would have to consider the success ratio of all schools in a similar resource bracket. 

If all similar resourced districts are considered we will likely not see a quantifiable difference in outcomes. We could actually look at some of the larger multiple school ISDs (Katy, Conroe, Plano,  Klein, etc) with some of the "contenders" and find several high schools within that possess the exact same resources but never exceed mediocrity.    

No question 

On 12/19/2019 at 7:59 AM, dj said:

It's not abt been worse coach. Other coaches can be better in these days and age.its like this the 4 state title teams had great offenses and dominant defenses.just our conservative approach to offense is catching up with us.these days u have to score.and adjust to this style.w.o will be better the next 2yrs.they will be in games with anyone.but alot of gud teams will scout us and throw something at us that we haven't seen.wheather they excute it or not.and one other thing is doing the years we won state.they were dominant at the line of scrimmage.on both sides of the ball.we can defend the wing T better than anyone.but I can't see w.o been dominant at the line of scrimmage anytime soon.so adjustment has to be made.and I can't see us doing that.with the coaching style we have.

Do you think it’s time for a coaching change then?