My 1A-3A Preseason Rankings

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

OK TopDawg and totalsports, we know you are from Silsbee.. ::)...They are going to be good again this year...I hope Travis can break through and get them to Austin...HJ will be formidable, and will not go down without a fight.  They ARE the reigning champs until someone knocks them out!! ;)

i think hd above hardin but the rest looks good

When Hardin shows up they can be pretty solid,they must have some young guns because they can be inconsistant.They will be pretty solid once they settle in after football season.I gotta say HJ is the best team I've seen this summer,no disrespect to Silsbee or Kountze but HJ has a couple of new kids that can play.They are gonna miss Ryan but they are being underestimated by lots of folks.Them and Silsbee are gonna be fun to watch.

Don't get me wrong Spurger is a decent team but I don't think they should be the in the top 10 teams. When we played and beat them last year they were decent but not top ten material, and I don't see it happening this year either. I think that west hardin should at least be in front of spurger with tyler copeland on their team.

1.Silsbee

2.Kountze

3.Hardin Jefferson

4.East Chambers

5.Warren

6.Big Sandy

7.West Orange Stark

8.Hardin

9.Hul Daisetta

10.Spruger

What do u guys Think?

i just dont see Kountze above East Chambers... Kountze will be good again next year as always, but EC will still have Thomas, and untill hes gone i dont see Kountze being better then EC... the only reason they beat them this year was because they had Powell, Boyd, Boykins, and Busby.... and with those 4 gone i dont see them beating EC... and i dont think Silsbee will be much better... the way i see it is Silsbee/HJ as 1 and 2 .... or .... 2 and 3... but i agree with you on most of it... just that your top 4 is in the wrong order...

Well of course Everyone Says that only reason Kountze beat E.C. is Because they had the Senoirs they had the past year but don't forget when those Senoirs were Taking over the Team they showed up and played but they came 4pts short losing to Arp at Regionals I Know E.C. is going to Be good but The only Scorer they have is tramain Thomas You can't be Kountze without 1 Scorer....No Preston Guillory no Beating Kountze...This is just what i Think after Seeing these Teams play this Summer the Team that i Say watch out for is Warren Because they have the Senoirs and The shooters to upset any one of the top 4 on any given night..

I think that a lot of people are going to be surprised this year with Spurger.    They will be better with the freshmen joining the squad and the returning players.  Yes, I know freshmen, but these boys will make a difference.  Just wait and see.

Vance McDonald Cannot and Willnot Score...He will average less than 10 ppg but i will say he will be Crashing The Boards at will. Thats the Reason its going to be hard to beak E.C. Because they Will have the Best Combo 4 and 5 in the Paint in the District...Them then Kountze with Devin Bray and Dontae Barnes.. Should be Fun to Watch

That's just my opinion, but don't get me wrong I know they are good but to me they ain't better than Jasper. I hope they prove me wrong that will be good but to me based on last year when we played them they weren't top 10 material. I wish them the best in luck (except for when they play us lol) and hope they do good next year.

Guest catfever

The top 4 are easy picks, but after that it is a crap shoot.  One team no one has mentioned is Orangefield.  They were right behind Jasper last year and only lost 2 players to graduation.  They could beat any of those teams on that list, especially the 5-10 teams.  Don't count them out for a playoff spot in that district for next year.

EC will have some young talent as well. Junior Donte Raymond and Sophomore Jacoby Carrington.  Add that with Vance and Tramain.  Thats a pretty well put together team.  Should be a great year with Kountze being a young team, and Warren and Hardin coming back strong.  Anahuac with a new coach.  Looks like a good district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder