*BREAKING NEWS..PAT FISCHER RESIGNS AS DC AT PN-G*

WO-S put those kind of numbers up on everyone in the regular season except for the Silsbee game.  WO-S hung 50 on a very fast K-Ville team.  Coach Broussard's defense only gave up an average of 13 points a game last year, with the 54 that was put up by the Mustangs.  Give Coach Broussard some credit.  H-F was out talented in most games, not out coached (on defense, offense is another story).  There was absolutely NO offensive coaching going on last year!!!  But with new direction this year will be a different story.  There was alot of internal power struggles going on last year. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its either his way or no way.  If he doesn't have complete control over things its wrong and hardly ever takes other points into consideration.  If I recall correctly, Fischer did that to his DC in 2001 before the season ever started!

i never thought fischer was all that great of a coach.

You recall very incorrectly, the Defensive Coordinator at HJ in 2001 was fighting for his life with cancer and the other defensive coaches including Pat called the defense,mainly Greg Bonvillain.  Who, by the way, became the DC under Pat for the rest of the time Pat was there and then one year under Martel.  Pat was always willing to look at new things and allow his coordinators to coach and call their own games.  He just managed the team and the games.  Pat is such a good guy that they didn't replace the coach during the season even though he was physiclly not doing well.  Pat just didn't have the heart to hire someone until the next spring after the coach has passed on.  As for being a great coach, just check his record and everybody before or since him at Shephed and HJ.

Pat Fischer is a great Coach and Leader.

Worked for him at Shepherd as a position coach and then as OC.

He let his coaches coach.

He did not interfere with them.

He gave the information of what needed to be and then it got done.

He is a great manager of the game.

I have the most respect for him for his leadership during the 1993 season.

Suspended 4 two-way starters for conduct detrimental to the team.

Cost us some games and kept us from going to the playoffs; but he stayed true to his ethics and values.

Pat, if you are on here, give me a call.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami