**JASPER 2 BC 1 FINAL/GAME 3**

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hicks and Parsons pitched a great game. Tough someone has to stay home.

Didn't see the 1st 2 games but this one was good to the end. BC still had the problems in the field.

Coach Bryant had a do or die call on the last play. With 2 outs, Robertson, who had singled off the bag at 2nd, was running on the double by Bolton. Hart dove for the ball in left center and it got by him, the LF made a great back up rifled it to Reagen the cut off man. Coach Bryant has to make a decision, send him, Reagan has to make great throw to get Robertson, or hold him as Dishon is on deck.

Well, he held him, maybe a hair late as he rounded the bag and Reagan flip to 3rd, Rodrick rung him up, ballgame.

Good game to watch....except for the errors.

Good Luck to the Bulldogs at State........You should be well prepared.

My opinion only, is that the coach changed his mind a little too late to stop Robertson from going home, but it happens.  No sour grapes here.

Congratulations  Bulldogs and Cardinals on a great series!  Good luck to the Bulldogs in Round Rock.  You will represent our District and Region well! 8)  Coach Bryant made the correct call to hold Robertson at third with Dishon coming to the plate.  Joe simply slipped on the turf when making his turn and could not recover. Not his fault.  The freshmen (Hicks and Robertson) were outstanding today and throughout the season.  We are proud of the Cardinals!  Thanks for the ride, guys!! ;)

Congratulations  Bulldogs and Cardinals on a great series!   Good luck to the Bulldogs in Round Rock.  You will represent our District and Region well! 8)  Coach Bryant made the correct call to hold Robertson at third with Dishon coming to the plate.  Joe simply slipped on the turf when making his turn and could not recover. Not his fault.  The freshmen (Hicks and Robertson) were outstanding today and throughout the season.  We are proud of the Cardinals!  Thanks for the ride, guys!! ;)

Yes, he made the right call.  He just waited to late to make it.  The kid had all his momentom going forward and at the last minute Bryant changed his mind.  He was waving Robertson hard the entire time.  That is on Billy not the kid, you have to make up your mind early.

The Bulldogs deserve this chance.  You can't make 20 E's in 3 games and expect to win.  I know there was not 20 E's on the board but there was plenty of mental E's. 

I really just have one question?  Why as a coach would you wait until after you go down a run to make a pitching change.  He had the chance to do it the batter before and choose not to.  After the winning hit,  you change your mind.  Another undecisive move by the coach.  Hicks had and outstanding game and deserved to win,  but in my opionion.  You should always go down with your best on the mound.  Why let it go with Stringer standing in the bullpen watching your team go down a run.  Makes absolutley zero since.

Why do we always try to put it on the coach? The coach didn't make the 4 errors that cost them 2 runs!!

I saw the game and that's the way I feel about that!!

It does not go in the book as an error, but your telling me that basecoaching blunder was not a mental error?????????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder