UIL RULES G.J. KINNE IS ELIGIBLE AT GILMER HIGH SCHOOL...

UIL RULES G.J. KINNE IS ELIGIBLE AT GILMER HIGH SCHOOL...

A hearing by the University Interscholastic League's State Executive Committee held today in Waco has ruled in favor of the eligibility of Gilmer High School student-athlete G.J. Kinne.

Gilmer I.S.D. was represented by superintendent Rick Albritton, athletic director and head football coach Jeff Traylor.

G.J. Kinne's father, Gary Joe Kinne was also present.

Kinne, an all-state quarterback, transferred from Canton to Gilmer in late-March.

I really can't say that I am surprised by the ruling. It is quite common for these transfers to be rubber stamped by the UIL and only in rare cases is the eligibility denied.

The one thing that I heard that may justify the ruling was that I was told that there had been recent death threats against G.J. which may explain away why the move was only recently made even though hs dad was shot over a year ago. That may even have gotten him around the statements that his mom made. How? I don't know but as many of you have noted, we are talking about the UIL.

Well as unsympathetic as I probably sound...where in the UIL rule book does it say that death threats warrant a legal school change?...I just think anyone could pull that crap, and how do we know there not just makin all of that crap up?

As mad as I was about the whole Gilbert Moye situation in Jasper, if Kinne is allowed to play in Gilmer, then Moye should have been allowed to play in Diboll...the situation is really about the same

THERE IS A BIG TIME DOUBLE STANDARD HERE

no he was staying in Lufkin with his aunt, but it was more convenient for him to go to Diboll since his aunt lived there...In no ways is it legal, but it is cerainly no worse than what Kinne is doing...His mom openly admitted they were moving because a certain coach in Canton did not get the HC Job...On top of that, look where they move...to the 2004 State Champs Gilmer...hmmm but that could have nothing to with athletic stuff, right?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami