*BRIDGE CITY 6 CARTHAGE 2 FINAL/GAME 1*

Hicks is feeling better and probably could go if needed. Question is would BC go with him over Clark? Clark's lefty offspeed pitching could be the mark to keep the Bulldogs off balanced and it keeps Hicks at short where he is at his best. It can be analyzed a million ways but now people realize Bryant and Co. will make the best decision for the team.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BC boy 17

congrats cards. I would have to say that BC knew what was they need to do and were determined to win this game.....before the game no one was really talking, everyone was focused on the game and ready to fight to get a win. It was definally a team effort, everyone came through with a big hit or great defensive play to help us get the W. Even the fans helped us out, it may not seem like yelling does anything but make noise, but to here the crowd cheering for you takes the thoughts of messing up in a pressure situation away and helps you relax. Lets you play on reaction and instinct not being nervous

lets not get ahead of ourselves...carthage will show up saturday and play their hearts out.  we need to match the intensity of tonight...i know it can be done.

great game...hicks got the most important out and bolton made a heck of a play to end it. 

WE NEED TO PLAY EVEN BETTER SATURDAY ....last week needville stole the first one from us and we came back to win the next two...lets not get the big head

Some tidbits....Stringer struckout their leadoff hitter all 4 times he batted... 8 out of their 9 hitters struckout at least once...12 total strikeouts (wonder how many times that has happened this year)...Carthage left 11 runners on base, several in scoring position.... In my opinion, the turning point in the game , was the 4-6-3 double play with the bases loaded and no outs in the 5th inning. Excellent pick by Bolton great turn by Hicks and good stretch by Warner at first to nip the runner..

Guest Bulldog

We swing the stick that good Saturday....it will be a good day for the Cards. Meeks, Hicks, Clark, and Dishon will do great. Come out and support i know its a long drive but it will be well worth it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder