Anahuac A.D.

just my thoughts,with the problems we have i don't think we need a basketball coach wanting to be a football coach.we need a football coach who can get us out of this mess and get us on the right track.i still think barbay is that coach

agreed

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest totalsportsprogram

just my thoughts,with the problems we have i don't think we need a basketball coach wanting to be a football coach.we need a football coach who can get us out of this mess and get us on the right track.i still think barbay is that coach

Joubert was the OC in Hardin and was offered the OC job upon arrival in Kountze but decided not to because he didn't feel he would be able to put his full effort into that high pressure situation in basketball if he was the OC.  This guy lead the NATION in punt returning and kick returning in college.  He has played semi-pro football.  More importantly, he is a great man and coach and a great example for kids.  I can assure you, he is just as good a football coach as he is basketball coach.

i'm sure joubert is a nice man.how did hardin do when he was oc?district champions? playoffs? barbay has won district titles and has been to the playoffs almost every year he has been at hd.he comes from a football rich family and he knows football . and he also is a nice man.i just think he would be the better fit.

Guest totalsportsprogram

very well.  I believe with the current situation at Anahuac Duane possesses the proper qualities to get kids off the street, back in school, passing, and participating.  I think these qualities make him the most qualified of the candidates that I know of.

Joubert was the OC in Hardin and was offered the OC job upon arrival in Kountze but decided not to because he didn't feel he would be able to put his full effort into that high pressure situation in basketball if he was the OC.  This guy lead the NATION in punt returning and kick returning in college.  He has played semi-pro football.  More importantly, he is a great man and coach and a great example for kids.  I can assure you, he is just as good a football coach as he is basketball coach.

playing simi pro is not a big deal, anyone can play simi pro

Guest totalsportsprogram

Here's my suggestion for Anahuac......quit worrying about what sport the AD coaches and bring in the person who can get kids participating again........more participation means more enrollment, means more money, means lower failure rate.  I could care less what someone coaches.......I guarantee, even if Joubert didn't coach football (let's say Anahuac had an epiphany and hired him as the AD-bball coach) he could bring in someone to run a high quality football program.  Duane has something that no other candidates have that he can hang his hat on..........state championships.  Kids can't argue with a guy who has been there and done that.

Guest totalsportsprogram

yes.  This says even more about him.  He had to fill some really big shoes that were left.  He had to win with the unbelievable expectations in Kountze (they expect to go to and win state pretty much every year).  He handled a situation that is just as tough as any situation where they haven't been winning.  He has done no less than the regional finals in three years.  The toughest coaching jobs are the ones with expectations already set.  It is a lot easier to accomplish things when there are no expectations and no target on your back.

Guest #1pantherfan

You guys keep talking about Joubert, Barbay, and the Tatum coach, but I heard they interviewed five or six candidates. Any idea who the others might have been?

The Tatum coach did apply and he interviewed before the board last week. Rumor has it the board will make a decision Tuesday. I would like to see the Tatum coach get it, but his heart doesn't seem to be in it. I guess it is hard to walk away from the program they have in Tatum right now. But like some other people have stated already. I would like to see a coach that is willing to stay here in Anahuac and build a program. Someone that will bring back some pride to the school. If you ask me, there is none of that right now. Who ever gets it, they have their work cut out for them.

Rumor from Tatum is He pulled out this morning. Don't know for sure will know later....Think he applied for his wife any way. Really never wanted to leave this year... Will Probably see him around today try to get some info....

You could be right about the Tatum coach. I talked to him last week and he is the one that told me he was interviewing before the board. Like I said, they have a great program up there, back to back champs and a chance for a third. I would say that is a lot to give up. Plus the oldest child will be a senior and I think that has a lot to do with his decision.. He will do good where ever he decides to go..

Broussard would be a good fit for Anahauc he does a great job with kids.  Look how good a job he does with the defense in H-F.  Always one of the best in a tough district.  This year his defense was second to WOS in the district with 5 soph. starting.  And I think Broussard would be in it for the long haul his kids still go to H-F. And don't Barbay interview for jobs every year to advance.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont