Anahuac A.D.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fridaynightlights

Have heard the same...........Tatum OC whose wife is apparently from Anahuac has applied.  Be tough to turn away back to back state championships.

Guest DickVitale

Did everybody in Anahuac leave??...There were several teacher/coach jobs posted on THSCA..She wants everyone to contact her about the jobs too....

What a mess!! :o

Guest WHATHA

Was he not there before? And I just heard they had called him, did not know he applied. Because Tatum would be hard to leave They are loaded year in and year out. Don't see him leaving....

Guest WHATHA

Eagle states he was only called and asked if he was interested and asked to apply. Just said he has not put nothing in just yet and that the Sup. told him last Thursday  they were not doing anything for 10 days. But that he was probably staying in Tatum. Sounds like it was his if he wanted it?

Guest WHATHA

I agree, if they will let him do his job and let him bring in his some of his on people on the boys side. I think the girls side did pretty good this year. I think most of them are staying. The girls staff is one of the better in the area I can't see anyone in H-D being any better than what they have now.

Guest fridaynightlights

Don't count your chickens before they hatch on the Joubert thing.  He has the qualifications to be a head football coach. 

Guest totalsportsprogram

Anyone that knows Duane knows that he has always wanted to be a head football coach.

He is not the type to reveal all to just anyone.  Duane keeps to himself on personal issues.

Guest WHATHA

He might not get an interveiw... Barbay or Sutherland will get this job if the Eagle does not apply...The outside shot would be Speights from Jesrey Village if he has applied. "just a guess"

Guest totalsportsprogram

1.  Sutherland is not going to apply.

2.  Joubert not get an interview?  The man turned around the Hardin basketball program and simultaneously was the OC for their football team during the school's best years.  He then, won two state championships at Kountze in 3 years.  He has the experience and success to run a REAL complete athletic program.

Guest WHATHA

First, never doubt Joubert's credentials he is a great coach no doubt, just don't see him applying.

As for Sutherland;  Ross Sutherland did apply and will probably get an interveiw and would do a great job if he got it.

As for Hardins best years that was what 1 and out? correct me if I'm wrong...and how many district championships in football, track or any other sport besides basketball....that sound like a total program think not?

Regardless whoever gets the job or even an interview has to apply through the supt. even the coaches positions that are open.  Ever heard of such, no campus principals involved send your resume directly to the supt do not pass go.  She needs to get her hands out of the hiring process and let the campus principals do their job.  She needs to go, heard she had been looking. Maybe someone should send her a list of the openings for supt's in the state so she can apply. 

Still think Barbay would be the best fit, that is if they let him do his job. As for the girls coaching staff, Donna Cox has been at HD forever and I do believe that when Anahuac was in their district she and Misti Smith (hometown Anahuac girl) won the district the first year and placed 2nd the next year, with Anahuac nowhere in the running for playoffs.  Even went on to win Area.  Joy Melancon is there and has been to the state meet in track as well as the basketball playoffs.  They do well on the girls side too.  Cox would bring discipline to that program and so would Smith, not sure where she is now. Heard she lives in the area and her kids go to school there but would never coach there because of the politics as well as the supt. 

Guest WHATHA

I agree on all parts of your response and admit that I was wrong on my earlier response of the HD womems staff. I am truly sorry. That is a good group you mentioned. But you are right about Barbay...Talked to the East Texas Eagle last night he is officially not applying, said he thinks Tatum is going to win the Lonestar Cup and with 2 state championships and probably another one this coming year he can get a better job.  I would say that would have to make Barbay the favorite.

Guest totalsportsprogram

As for Sutherland;  Ross Sutherland did apply and will probably get an interveiw and would do a great job if he got it.

As for Hardins best years that was what 1 and out? correct me if I'm wrong...and how many district championships in football, track or any other sport besides basketball....that sound like a total program think not?

-I know for a FACT that RUSS Sutherland did not apply

-one and out ain't so bad at Hardin considering where they had been and the fact that they competed in 3A most of the years Joubert was there (all except the last two or three I believe)  They were successful in most everything while he was there

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics