Liberty in 2007

:o ::)

All that tells me is that Liberty has lost more games than they have won ;D

Well I guess they need to teach better math in Yellow Jacket schools:

Wins - 452

Losses - 336

Ties - 31

Winning percentage is 57% - What was yours 58% - Looks like over the years we been pretty even.  But that does not show that we lost more than we have won.

I will give Stephenville the fact that they have gone deeper in the playoffs more often than Liberty has - but as far as won/loss = tie.

• 1 month later...

Is Coach Stewart still there and if so did they extend his contract?

He will be there through this season, I think. I know he is supposed to be at the Dayton News Area Football Kick-off banquet to represent Liberty on the 25th so I am assuming he will be back for the 2007 season.

For the sake of the kids they need to address that and give the man a extension. How many of the board members are treated like this at their jobs? Local school boards are way out of control.

He is a good coach and it seems to me that the majority of players like him also. I think the main problem that people around Liberty have with him is that we never make it past the second round of the playoffs and very few times have made it past the first round. Whether or not that is his fault has always been a touchy subject. Most of the parents that complain about Stewart are the ones that their kids have quit, got kicked off, or don't get much playing time. I've never had a problem with him and he seems like he always has the kids ready to play. He is the coach for the upcoming year and from what I've heard he could still be given a contract if we have a good season. You never know whats gonna happen around here. Lots of politics.

Needs to put one of the school board kids at qb and the dad at OC then they will extend his conrtact. Same CRAP happens everywhere and that being school board members or someone in the community with some $$$ thinks its thier job to humble the coach. Never mind that half of which have not graduuated from college and  know everything. Tough business these Coaches are in and would never want to be one. Hats off to all  and the job they do with our kids.  ;D

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I know it goes on at alot of places. If he's not back next year I have no idea who the board has in mind. There was a very strong rumor going around that Larry Haynes who just got the job in Hardin was being highly sought after. Now that he's at Hardin thats out the window.

I don't think Liberty is as bad as they were against us that night, but I also think that if they were thrown into our district, they would rarely contend for a playoff spot. Jasper, WO-S, Silsbee, BC, Kirbyville... too much.

Your probably right. WOS and Jasper killed us the last time we played. However I think we've beat Silsbee 2 of the last 3 times we've played and BC, and Kirbyville are usually good games except I know Kirbyville drove us last year.

Liberty is not as strong over the past four or five years but let me tell you before that they could play with anyone. When Tony Bua sp and Reggie White were there they could get up and down the field. Not really fair to make a statement like they could not play in a certain district. They have won over they years and all that matters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder