**Coaches All-District 21-3A Softball Team**

Coaches All-District 21-3A Softball Team

Leader Sports

The Orange Leader

Here is the All-District 21-3A softball team as selected by the District 21-3A coaches:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Shandi Conner, Bridge City

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Christina Jaques, Bridge City

CO-DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE YEAR: Meagan Neely, Kirbyville; Wyntter Sheppard, Orangefield

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR: Danielle Treadway, Silsbee:

FIRST TEAM

Pitcher: Rebekah Ragsdale, WO-S

Catcher: Haley Walker, Jasper

Infielders: Kayla Adams, Silsbee; Lauren Angelle, Bridge City; Chelsea Brown, Kirbyville; Emily Domas, WO-S; Alyssa DeRamus, Orangefield; Laura Fincannon, Jasper; Caroline McClelland, Silsbee; Heather, Pinder, H-F

Outfielders: Jessica Anderson, WO-S; Sarah Armand, Bridge City; Sarah Bonds, Orangefield; Roya Club, H-J; Abby Dickerson, Jasper; Kalynn Drake, Silsbee; Mallory Guidry, Bridge City; Jessica Permenter, H-F; Jessica Sanders, Kirbyville.

Utility: Kassie Richard, H-J

SECOND TEAM

Pitcher: Amber McClendon, H-F

Catchers: Denee Crawford, Silsbee; Emily Kosh, Bridge City

Utility: Cassie Reeves, Kirbyville

Infielders: Jenna Angelle, Bridge City; Ashley Brooks, H-J; Samantha Myers, Bridge City; Allison Erwin, Silsbee; Megan Herring, H-F; Taylor Jaynes, WO-S; Keyna Mason, Jasper; Taylor McGill, H-J; Jennipher Orebo, WO-S; Kaitlynn Pate, Kirbyville; Katy Steed, Orangefield; Katie Whigham, Silsbee

Outfield: Valerie Brown, Bridge City; Caitlin Callicutt, Silsbee; Katrina Kloefkorn, H-F; Emily Navarro, Bridge City; Brooke Pitre, WO-S; Jessica Shores, Orangefield; Stormy Shivers, Jasper; Lauren Swift, H-J.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest b-a-g fan

would like to give a shout out to all the winners and a special congrats to rebbeca r. and shandi c. who I have had the pleasure of being a coach for thru the years . YOu two deserve any awards you recieve I personally know the hours and work you put in I know cheater and papa conners and grandpaw are very proud congrats again from dogtown ;D ;D ;D

Congrats. to all of the girls. Hard work is paying off. Years of playing softball is showing. Good job and keep it up. A special congrats to the Silsbee girls. Way to go. I'm proud of you. You should be proud also. Keep working hard. Go KK, CC, NaNa, Tigger, Al, KW, KA, and big D.

Didn't Bridge City go undefeated in district? Has to be Coach Mount, doesn't hurt when you have all these players make all-district honors.

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Shandi Conner, Bridge City

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Christina Jaques, Bridge City

FIRST TEAM

Infielders: Lauren Angelle, Bridge City;

Outfielders: Sarah Armand, Bridge City; Mallory Guidry, Bridge City;

SECOND TEAM

Catchers: Emily Kosh, Bridge City

Infielders: Jenna Angelle, Bridge City; Samantha Myers, Bridge City;

Outfield: Valerie Brown, Bridge City; Emily Navarro, Bridge City;

Congrats to those selected, I think,..but I think I am also feeling the Stelly blues.........I think it would be easier to choose who did not make the all district team than who made it.............Seems like quite a few players made it..HMMM does this really even measure who the "best" of the best really is??? Wait lets just make everyone feel good.....Just another thing to laugh at in the age of lets be sure to not offend anyone.  Go ahead hit me with some more great Karma....I am trying bat a -1000 before the all star break (kind of like BC and their bunts in the playoffs).  HA

Guest bleed orange

I agree with you guys. The all district picks are watered down. If they keep giving out this many awards, all district won't mean anything anymore. I know I am fixing to get bashed for this one but here it goes. Thats what happens when you let women decide something involving kids. I don't mean that in a bad way. Its just that a lot of women wear their emotions on their sleeve.

Guest jbseballfan

I agree with you guys. The all district picks are watered down. If they keep giving out this many awards, all district won't mean anything anymore. I know I am fixing to get bashed for this one but here it goes. Thats what happens when you let women decide something involving kids. I don't mean that in a bad way. Its just that a lot of women wear their emotions on their sleeve.

I agree Bleed...the picks are watered down.  Makes it less of an honor for those that are actually chosen.  One year when I did it we had a kid from Ozen make first team in 22-4A softball....in fact, she made it over several players on my team that only made 2nd team or honorable mention.  The reality is....every kid on my team was better than that one kid on the Ozen team.  But because we are into "not hurting anyone's feelings" lets just stick this kid on their over some other ones....I was furious about it.

Oh, and something else Bleed.....I'm a woman....and the coach who put the kid from Ozen up?  A man.....

You say you didn't want that to be taken in a bad way.  Come on now....how else are women supposed to take that? I normally agree with a lot of what you say on here but I think you owe every woman on this board an apology for that incredibly sexist and arrogant remark.

Guest bleed orange

OK, I  am sorry for my remark. Not all women wear their emotions on their sleeve. I was just refering to an allstar pick in little dribblers involving a women. I 'll try to be more sensitive in the future involving my comments.

Dang bleed I was with you there for a minute............then you made the woman remark...........watered down is the truth..........so you get standing ovation from players for getting knocked out in your first playoff game????? See what is the world coming too??? Get a standing O when you do something more than make it out of district undefeated which every other BC coach has done..........Lets be real folks.......Heck why not give me coach of the year, and I will take a side of Honorable mention to go..................Bleed............can't believe you almost had me agreeing with you..........Dang orangfieldians..................always gotta go overboard,hahahha

Guest bleed orange

I probably should not have commented because I don't have a dog in this hunt. That being said, I knew the watered down process was in our future. Roughly two years ago they started giving every Jr. High kid a ribbon 1rst through 8th in each heat. I knew then we were in trouble. What happen to the good ople days of competition. Working you tail off to be the best. I am sorry but I will never agree with "give everyone a ribbon theory". By the way a man(Coach) did come up with that idea. So I might have went overboard on the woman remark.

Guest bleed orange

I think what hurts BC is the expectations are always so high for their team. There is always a lot of talent in BC. Maybe just maybe the district is not as good as some people thought. Apparently it is not according to history.

Guest hello

Way too many people on there.... 

I am not sure about the 99 percent being on her side. It may be that way though. I have read her some of her quotes in the paper and she seems to real high on herself. A little too cocky for me. She had a quote about only being there for 2 years and then moving on, something about being the one to get them to the next level, that program was good before her and will be good after her. Thats just my opinion.

Guest bleed orange

Its the " Give every kid a Ribbon Theory". Hopefully the other sports won't slide into the same thinking. As far as the "Coach of the year" goes, every year the coach that wins district gets that award. Thats just an foregone conclusion whether they deserve it or not. Not saying they don't. Thats just the way it is. I don't want to take anything away from the kids that got recognition, they deserve what they got but 67 out say 96 kids gets all district. Thats a little overwhelming to say the least.

The program is better.  Last year they had a coach and all he did was stay on his cell phone.  He hated being there so much he turned ORANGE on them.

What's wrong with a little cockiness?  Don't always believe everything you read.

AMEN!!!!!  At least someone there knows the truth with that situation!

Sportsbeat..........I only have four simple words for ya

You are an idiot.........

And I am none of the above.  To put it nicely..because I am such a nice person.  

Secondly to say that the current coach is not full of herself is in itself funny.  Just like Hello posted, to say that "I will teach them what they need to know to get to state"  uhhhhhhhh a little presumptuous maybe.....or cocky......or whatever you want to call it....Karma always knows where to bite ya..

Guest hello

I guess you are talking about the coach that went ORANGE to be the OFFESNIVE COORDINATOR at Orangefield. Pretty sure that move had nothing to do with softball, he does not even coach it over here. I will tell you what though, we are glad yall sent him this way. We love him.

While I do agree that the picks were abundant this year, they were not accurate at all.  Some players on first team, after personally playing every team in the district twice this season, as well as scouting some others, I don't even remember some of these kids.  Just because a girl is a coach's daughter does not mean she automatically deserves first team.  And just because she is a SENIOR does not mean she deserves special recognition either.  Heck, some girls who were awarded first and second team played at their awarded positions for maybe only three district games.  Thats a load of bull!!!    >:( >:( >:(

As far as the stats go, from what I've heard, Bridge City coaches put up stats & Silsbee tossed out a few here and there... All the other coaches were rewarding on the "political" aspect of the situation.

The program is better.  Last year they had a coach and all he did was stay on his cell phone.  He hated being there so much he turned ORANGE on them.

What's wrong with a little cockiness?  Don't always believe everything you read.

Don't believe that ^^^ because as far as that coach is concerned, he put forth his best effort and work into that program and coaching position...

The games were originally scheduled for Thurs @ 7, Fri @ 6, and if a third game was needed, it would be played 30 minutes following the game on Fri night.

The rain pushed the games back to a double header on Fri @ 6, and a tiebreaker Saturday morning @ 11

Bridge City had no school on Friday May 4. The girls had plenty of time to get rest and prepared for a double header on Friday night.

It is not the coaches fault nor the athletic director's fault a hotel was not provided, no one thought the girls would be playing a third game.

I agree that 25 first team all-district players is too much.  When you count in the other players (2nd team and Hon. Mention), it sounds like every starter in the district was picked!

In our district (24-2A) we picked 10 players for 1st team (6 infielders and 4 outfielders) same for 2nd team, etc.

Stats are a part of the game and should accurately reflect a players abilities; they should be used to determine district picks because no one is going to have video showing why their player should be picked.  However, the one problem I would have with stats is that "pencil-whipping" occurs a lot with coaches.  By "pencil-whipping" I mean that coaches will fatten up the stat sheet with hits that should be errors or give a player a double when it was obvious that she advanced to 2B on a throw-in, etc.  I remember one team that put up a player with an .800 batting average, but she didn't get a hit against us so that would have meant she pretty much got 1.000 batting average against everyone else.  It can be kind of hard to believe a stat line like that.  But I am not saying it isn't possible though... ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty