LUMBERTON @ LCM

LCMAlumtiger32

Guest ECBucFan
16 hours ago, Coach #23 said:

And for the record...I'd hire someone NOT from Lumberton. 

Not sure that would help anything. "Outsiders" can be as political as any "good ole' boy" homer in a very short period of time. 

Anyways, LR's already have a good coach! 

5 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I guess this thread is dead. Would have been nice to see the conversation if both teams would have won last week. It would have had this game a little more meaningful. 

This game is very meaningful. Seeding is very important.

But you are on an island on this site, not many LCM posters to keep the conversation going.... plus we all know who’s gonna win anyway :) 

18 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

But you are on an island on this site, not many LCM posters to keep the conversation going.... plus we all know who’s gonna win anyway :) 

If we went with a winning percentage between the two teams I think we would have  an A. Well y’all are set at 2. The best we could get is 3 and we would face Navasota. I think we would be better against Wheatley. We have not ever played Each other and might be able to surprise them. LCM runs the same plays so Navasota has seen them. But yes I’m the only one that is vocal LCM fan. Walkoff gets on here and bearessintials is following Livingston, LCM93 doesn’t follow the Bears. I’m sure there is more.  Lumberton was like this the after y’all graduted. I think Raidergirl tried to keep it together lol look at poor Cardinal Backer he had a couple friends at the start of the season and now they flew off leaving him on here with a big ole bird mess.

7 minutes ago, LC-M said:

If we went with a winning percentage between the two teams I think we would have  an A. Well y’all are set at 2. The best we could get is 3 and we would face Navasota. I think we would be better against Wheatley. We have not ever played Each other and might be able to surprise them. LCM runs the same plays so Navasota has seen them. But yes I’m the only one that is vocal LCM fan. Walkoff gets on here and bearessintials is following Livingston, LCM93 doesn’t follow the Bears. I’m sure there is more.  Lumberton was like this the after y’all graduted. I think Raidergirl tried to keep it together lol look at poor Cardinal Backer he had a couple friends at the start of the season and now they flew off leaving him on here with a big ole bird mess.

Yeah that makes for boring threads. I don’t care what we do in the future, I’ll be here because I like following high school football, not just Lumberton.

38 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Depends on how you look at it. 

2nd seed you will get the 2x defending state champs 2nd rd

3rd seed you get them 3rd rd

4rh seed you get them 4th rd 

hopefully district 11 sweeps district 12 first rd...after that who knows 

but again you play to win and Babin will have those boys ready and Lumberton walks away with the W..

10 minutes ago, VP93.... said:

but again you play to win and Babin will have those boys ready and Lumberton walks away with the W..

So I guess LCM is going 4 rounds

14 minutes ago, VP93.... said:

I love watching Carthage play, and there wouldn’t be any shame in losing to the eventual state champs.

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Lol unless we lose to y’all and find a way to forfeit the Huffman game! I’ll take 4 rounds versus 2 

I think we all have shot at winning the first round. LCM is playing inconsistent at the wrong time of season. I’m gonna go to much into it and look like coach 23 unless we lose Friday night to Lumberton would be disappointment 

13 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I think we all have shot at winning the first round. LCM is playing inconsistent at the wrong time of season. I’m gonna go to much into it and look like coach 23 unless we lose Friday night to Lumberton would be disappointment 

Don’t be disappointed in losing to a better team!

15 minutes ago, LC-M said:

And there’s nothing wrong with speaking the truth and saying something negative about coaching because they are human and will mess up, but whenever you create an account just for that reason.... that’s the issue I have with hater 23

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Don’t be disappointed in losing to a better team!

You don’t want ever to lose to teams that usually always beat. You remember when when y’all beat PNG? There’s a reason why they win most of those games. They traditionally beat y’all same thing here lol But these young kids at LCM are different now. 

Thanks for the support Ltrain11.  Appreciate it. Friday's game was entertaining.  Both teams had their own issues.  Both sides of the ball.  The game is over.  Splendora won. I won't any additional thoughts on the game.  No need for me to provoke another "novel long" post of excuses.  I said last week that if it came down to passing, Lum would be in trouble.  And we needed to pass at the end.  The blocked XP put us in that position.  But that's football.  Have to execute.  Both run games were hard to stop.  After Splendora's first possession of 3rd quarter, they got relaxed. Confident and play calling definitely changed. Didn't run 41 that much in 2nd half and didn't give the ball to 7 at all in 2nd half. Lum does what they have all season.  Played hard and never gave up. Made for an exciting ending.  Good game.

2 hours ago, Coach #23 said:

Thanks for the support Ltrain11.  Appreciate it. Friday's game was entertaining.  Both teams had their own issues.  Both sides of the ball.  The game is over.  Splendora won. I won't any additional thoughts on the game.  No need for me to provoke another "novel long" post of excuses.  I said last week that if it came down to passing, Lum would be in trouble.  And we needed to pass at the end.  The blocked XP put us in that position.  But that's football.  Have to execute.  Both run games were hard to stop.  After Splendora's first possession of 3rd quarter, they got relaxed. Confident and play calling definitely changed. Didn't run 41 that much in 2nd half and didn't give the ball to 7 at all in 2nd half. Lum does what they have all season.  Played hard and never gave up. Made for an exciting ending.  Good game.

I agree with you that we have to execute. That loss was on the team, not the coaching staff.

1 hour ago, Coach #23 said:

Didn't know that coaching staff didn't have a part in there own team's loss.  Interesting.  But we're all entitled to our opinions.  I know this.  In the 1st half of both the Huffman game and the Splendora game, team was not prepared.  And it showed.

Maybe some clarity is required. How are you not prepared in the 1st half but then become prepared in the second half with no additional time to prep?

Do you mean to say that the coaches had a poor game plan for the 1st halves of those 2 games, but then adjusted well in the 2nd halves of those 2 games (if so, I agree), or do you have a different message. Just not clear on this one...

25 minutes ago, Coach #23 said:

Didn't know that coaching staff didn't have a part in there own team's loss.  Interesting.  But we're all entitled to our opinions.  I know this.  In the 1st half of both the Huffman game and the Splendora game, team was not prepared.  And it showed.

Wrong again. Players didn’t execute in the first half. Here’s a list of mistakes only in the first half that took potential points off the board- a high snap on our first drive when we had moved the ball all the way down to the 30 yard line, a missed field goal following that bad break, another high snap on our third drive after we had scored a td the drive before and it killed our drive again, and a costly 10 yard sack taken by our young qb. So did the coaches not gameplan right, or did the players just simply not execute?

And btw, I’m not making excuses for the loss, I’m just trying to show everybody that the gameplan was fine. The 24-7 deficit we faced was NOT becuase of poor coaching.

24 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Maybe some clarity is required. How are you not prepared in the 1st half but then become in the second half with no additional time to prep?

Do you mean to say that the coaches had a poor game plan for the 1st halves of those 2 games, but then adjusted well in the 2nd halves of those 2 games (if so, I agree), or do you have a different message. Just not clear on this one...

Read my above post. Just my opinion and I’m sure coach 23 will disagree.

7 minutes ago, Coach #23 said:

I understand what your saying LTrain11. Kids make mistakes.  Part of football or any other sports. Bottom line mistakes need to be eliminated.  And that falls on the coaches as much as it does the players to correct things.

I agree with you. LCM has that problem. Babin makes 70k?

47 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Wrong again. Players didn’t execute in the first half. Here’s a list of mistakes only in the first half that took potential points off the board- a high snap on our first drive when we had moved the ball all the way down to the 30 yard line, a missed field goal following that bad break, another high snap on our third drive after we had scored a td the drive before and it killed our drive again, and a costly 10 yard sack taken by our young qb. So did the coaches not gameplan right, or did the players just simply not execute?

And btw, I’m not making excuses for the loss, I’m just trying to show everybody that the gameplan was fine. The 24-7 deficit we faced was NOT becuase of poor coaching.

What you say is true to an extent. All those things happened. I also saw Lumberton continuously trying to run a dive up the middle which got stuffed 4 or 5 times. If it doesn't work, you can't keep force feeding it hoping the defense is going to eventually swallow. From my perspective, the coaches did a fair job in the first half. Not a great or even good job, but fair. I was really impressed with the young Lumberton QB's improvement from the start of the season to now. I hope the coach has him throwing 50 or more passes in each practice. In my opinion, that more than anything is what would make Lumberton a better team. I haven't seen all of their games, but I have seen some. They need some balance. They need to pass. He actually completed some which is an improvement over the last time I watched them play. Until that happens (and I believe it will), Lumberton will not be complete. Another kick in the butt for them is that they have something like 30 seniors! Lots of holes to fill next year...

Splendora deserved to win based on several factors: good D line, good scheme (although they should learn how to throw the ball too), pretty good coaching and the poor 1st half of play by Lumberton. It was Splendora's game to lose from the start.