Nike’s new face

PhatMack19

21 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I don't own a pair of Nike's. I have had a problem with them since I found out where Jordan's were made. They have issues that need to be addressed, but I like this Kaep thing. I am going to buy me a pair. You guys didn't have a problem until Kaep. Pathetic

Buy a pair?  Why not buy 10 to 20 pair since you believe the cause is so noble?

40 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I don't own a pair of Nike's. I have had a problem with them since I found out where Jordan's were made. They have issues that need to be addressed, but I like this Kaep thing. I am going to buy me a pair. You guys didn't have a problem until Kaep. Pathetic

Well no joke. You didn't like them till Kap.... Pathetic

I remember going over to my grandfathers house around the time of the 2000. I noticed he had a piece of tape on the back of the remote controller with two or three names on it. I asked him why "George Clooney" (and others), were written on his remote. Ultimately his answer was they are liberals and he won't watch their show. By the end of the election period, that list grew to 20 some odd actors he refused to watch. 

Point, Paw Paw missed out on O Brother Where Art Thou, and Clooney still got rich as hell. Nike isn't about to go bankrupt. And I own too much Nike stuff to throw out. 

I do not believe what Kaepernick is doing is right. I do not believe there is a "police brutality" issue in this country. I ain't going out of my to buy some Nikes or any apparel, but I am not avoiding it either.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:59 AM, BS Wildcats said:

He's going alright, right out of the NFL.  You should be applauding the man pictured above in the post by Phatmack, that is a true hero.  Hint, it's not the photo of Kaepertwit.  Since you are a left-winger, I'm sure you have no clue who that man is.

And you applaud a man who ran from the military and said McCain wasn't a true hero. wow!!

22 hours ago, baddog said:

How about this Big Girl?

Nike pays their Asian workers 20 cents per hour, works them 80+ hours a week, so that they can pay Kap $millions to protest injustice and oppression. Do you notice a conflict of interest here?

Please do better than this one. So, you gonna sit there and tell me you nor your family have Nike gear?

21 hours ago, Englebert said:

And more for you to ponder Big Girl, in the form of a few little questions:

Do you think the Asian workers get paid sick leave, paid holidays, paid vacation days, paid maternity leave, paid paternity leave, 401K or retirement package, paid medical benefits, paid vision benefits, paid dental benefits, stock options, signing bonuses, hazard pay, overtime pay? Do they have a union? Can Nike discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs? Should we support Nike if any of these are not guaranteed rights to each worker?

I quoted you baddog, but my questions are for Big Girl. You or anyone can answer if you wish.

So, you don't wear or own Nike gear?

28 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Please do better than this one. So, you gonna sit there and tell me you nor your family have Nike gear?

That's what you gleaned from my post? 

I may have owned one pair of Nike sneakers in my life. New Balance makes a much better and more affordable shoe. I'm wearing a pair right now.

Question for all these "patriots"? How is kneeling during the national anthem unpatriotic but flying the confederate flag and supporting those confederate monuments not? I mean that flag and those men fought against the American flag. So by your standards, shouldn't all confederate flags be burned and those monuments destroyed? 

51 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

So, you don't wear or own Nike gear?

I bought a pair of Nike shoes about 15 years ago. They lasted a little over a month before falling apart. The company sent me a new pair, which fell apart in a little over 2 months. I've never worn anything Nike again. So no, I don't wear or own any Nike gear. I've been boycotting them for many, many years.

35 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Question for all these "patriots"? How is kneeling during the national anthem unpatriotic but flying the confederate flag and supporting those confederate monuments not? I mean that flag and those men fought against the American flag. So by your standards, shouldn't all confederate flags be burned and those monuments destroyed? 

I can't answer for the rest, but I don't like the kneeling during the national anthem because using this moment to protest is a provocative act designed to be distasteful to a large amount of people, just to get attention. Kaepernick had/has plenty of other opportunities to voice/express his protest message, but chose the most inflammatory method he could think of. He could have voiced his concerns during the media interviews following games. He could have walked out on the field and taken a knee before kickoff. He could have taken a knee anytime, but he chose to incite division and anger by purposely choosing the anthem. Liberals are the king of this. PETA employs this strategy on a regular basis...a strategy I'm not fond of at all. And I do recall you getting perturbed at me for using this strategy on you.

27 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Who is saying they approve of burning or tearing down public property in protest of Nike?

That's liberal standards to tear down or burn something in protest.

Conservative standards are to simply not support a company that makes an "in your face" move that you disagree with.

I don't have any Nike gear and if I did I wouldn't destroy it but I sure won't buy any now...my choice.

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

I can't answer for the rest, but I don't like the kneeling during the national anthem because using this moment to protest is a provocative act designed to be distasteful to a large amount of people, just to get attention. Kaepernick had/has plenty of other opportunities to voice/express his protest message, but chose the most inflammatory method he could think of. He could have voiced his concerns during the media interviews following games. He could have walked out on the field and taken a knee before kickoff. He could have taken a knee anytime, but he chose to incite division and anger by purposely choosing the anthem. Liberals are the king of this. PETA employs this strategy on a regular basis...a strategy I'm not fond of at all. And I do recall you getting perturbed at me for using this strategy on you.

Lol... What are you talking about? And good way of talking around the question. Try answering it.

12 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Who is saying they approve of burning or tearing down public property in protest of Nike?

That's liberal standards to tear down or burn something in protest.

Conservative standards are to simply not support a company that makes an "in your face" move that you disagree with.

I don't have any Nike gear and if I did I wouldn't destroy it but I sure won't buy any now...my choice.

What does your "them/us" view have to do with the question I asked? 

1 hour ago, Yeoj said:

Lol... What are you talking about? And good way of talking around the question. Try answering it.

My reply is about as simplistic an answer as you can get. Sad that you can't even comprehend basic straightforward language. The rest of the board had no problem. I hope the laughter doesn't damage your eardrums.

If you are implying that I did not answer your statement or the last question, I have to laughingly reply that was also answered with my reply. Again, simplistic. I do not hold the standards you bestowed on the board, therefore, "by my standards" was never asked, rendering your question moot. Try asking a salient question. It's not a hard concept (well, for most).

3 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

And you applaud a man who ran from the military and said McCain wasn't a true hero. wow!!

I may catch some flack from some for this, but here goes.  Couldn't stand McCain as a politician, should have switched parties years ago.  I absolutely respect him for his military service, and the terrible conditions he endured while captured.  Not everyone that serves are considered heroes in the eye of the public.  Here goes the part I'm sure some will have an issue with.  Would we have considered McCain a hero had he not been a POW?  I would dare to venture a guess, and say probably not.  I had great-uncles that survived Pearl Harbor, but I never heard them mentioned as heroes.

As for applauding Trump, not always.  Did not vote for him in the general election, but dang sure did when it was him and crooked Hillary.  As far as the job he has done so far, it is hard to argue that he is not doing a better job than your guy.

3 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

This is the hidden content, please

#GoColin      We support you and you campaign to make awareness about police killings and other social injustices.

Anyone that walks around with socks that depicts cops as pigs, is a complete POS.  Glad the black community has someone they can idolize.  Maybe he should use his energy teaching the young black kids that a cop is not their enemy.  This might lead to less confrontation, thus resulting in less shootings.  But, if he did that, Nike wouldn't pay him millions.