Constitutional Amendment

Englebert

After listening to the mentally stunted youth speak about how the constitution is outdated and is in need of change, I find myself in total agreement with that assessment. When the constitution was written, most people 18 years old were married, with a child or two, and had life and survival skills foreign to todays peers. Based on that, the constitutional elders determined that an 18 year old was mature enough to vote for their representative. I find that no longer the case. This is backed up by the Liberals who insist that 18 year olds are too immature to exercise their 2nd amendment rights. So I feel it is time to change the voting age to 35. What do y'all think? What should the voting age be?

And furthermore, many of these mentally challenged excrements have stated that they need to be protected from tools that have the capability of slaughtering them. Well, stats show that many, many, many (can't have too many "manys" in this sentence) more youth are killed by texting than by "assault guns". Given that absolute fact, and given the fact that these morons feel that we should raise the age for possession of tools of death, shouldn't we raise the age of owning a smart phone to 35? What do y'all think the mentally developed age to safely own a smart phone should be?

And furthermore, given the fact that many more unborn lives have been taken due to unwanted teen pregnancies than "assault weapons", what should the age of consent be for people engaging in the act of procreation? Does sex education help with this issue? Liberals think this subject should be taken from the parents and taught in the classroom. Why is "sensible" gun ownership not taught in the classroom?

And furthermore, given the fact that less people are proficient in gun accuracy (I actually don't know if this is fact, but let's assume), should unskilled gun owners be given larger clips to stop an assault? Back when many people hunted for food, a ten round clip would be sufficient in stopping an attack, and multiple attackers. But in today's atmosphere, is it plausible that the average person can hit an attacker with limited opportunities? Shouldn't we be increasing the magazine capabilities to accommodate for deficient accuracy skills?

And furthermore, given the fact that we, as human beings, do not currently possess the capability of predicting who will become violent, and history has shown that Liberal policies are detrimental to the health of a society, shouldn't we dispatch with background checks and just rely on voting records to determine who has the mentally capacity to exercise their second amendment rights?

A couple of quick observations from a retired person who woke up at 3:30, and is aggravated he didn't sleep longer.  First, I could've put likes on all of them, but since we're limited, I didn't.  Second, greatest use of the two words "and furthermore" I've ever seen.  Third, based on these outstanding post, I want some of that flu medicine you have :) 

As for the voting age, at least 25.  Anything over that (35) I'm good with.  Only exceptions would be anyone with an honorable discharge from the military has voting rights.

And a sidebar comment, anyone getting an honorable discharge from the military who is not a citizen of the US, should be given citizenship at the end of his service.  Imo, that person  is a better citizen than the vast majority of natural born citizens of his age group.