Predictions for district 21-3A

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with you on that Bleed Orange, except i'd give Orangefield at bball a slightly better chance than HJ at football.  The sad thing is that at least HJ can say basketball school which is fine because they are very good, but can Orangefield use the excuse about about basketball saying they're a football school?  We havent even been very good at football the last decade....

After watching the kids returning for HJ the past 2 weeks they are gonna be solid again.Burrell,Jarvis,Sungren,Fontenot,Payen,Weldon and the new kid from Liberty all can play.They will be really quick on the defensive side and will have a ton of shooters.If they get a big man this could be a repeat.

Orangefield making the playoffs in basketball would be like Hardin Jefferson making it in football.

hj has missed the playoffs 3 yrs since 97,(02,03,06) in football and once in baseball(05) in like 15 years and no telling how many consecutive years they have made it in basketball... whens the last time orangefield has made it in anything..?

Orangefield making the playoffs in basketball would be like Hardin Jefferson making it in football.

hj has missed the playoffs 3 yrs since 97,(02,03,06) in football and once in baseball(05) in like 15 years and no telling how many consecutive years they have made it in basketball... whens the last time orangefield has made it in anything..?

ouch!!!

Guest bleed orange

I will do my homework and let you know. If I am wrong, I will amit it. In the mean time you guys need to go tend to your herd of sheep.

Guest bleed orange

Maybe you should do your homework. Here is mine! With some help from a friend.

Football will be the first subject. In the last 15 years and this is according to the setxsports.com archives, HJ has been to the playoffs 5 times and so has Orangefield. Now if you go back to 1967 Orangefield has been 11 times and Hardin Jefferson 6. Lets go to baseball. I got these from the UIL archives. Since 1982 Orangefield has been to the playoffs 14 times, Hardin Jefferson has been 7. You asked and there it is. In basketball Hardin Jefferson wins hands down, no contest in that sport.

Guest bleed orange

Look I do not want to compare the two schools. Both have had success in several sports over the years. I made my first comment because some posters were making fun of Orangefield in boys basketball. Well we will never be the powerhose like Hardin Jefferson but we have gotten better over the years. We are not the push overs we used to be. That being said, don't under estimate the bobcats. It could come back to bite you.

Guest bleed orange

I hope you are right Hawk25. I would love to see HJ, HF or OF make the playoffs in football. You know why? Because each week we are the underdog in this district and I always pull for the underdogs.

Guest tigersvoice

Glad to see someoone from Silsbee talk in a respectful way instead of trashing another school or promoting themselves!!!!!!  I agree with Aggiesarewe, in my opinion nobody thought that HJ would have had the year that they had.  NOBODY!!!!!  You must play the games!!!!!!  I am already looking forward to high school hoop season next year.

Lazeek, you hurt my feelings with your opening comment on this one.

My opinion is Silsbee is definitely coming back HJ got a strong chance and WOS is losing a bunch of senior and their jv is not a team i would call to make the playoff so in my pick

1. Silsbee

2.HJ

3. Jasper

their jv won district so their better than all the other jvs so what do u mean

Football will be the first subject. In the last 15 years and this is according to the setxsports.com archives, HJ has been to the playoffs 5 times and so has Orangefield. Now if you go back to 1967 Orangefield has been 11 times and Hardin Jefferson 6. Lets go to baseball. I got these from the UIL archives. Since 1982 Orangefield has been to the playoffs 14 times, Hardin Jefferson has been 7. You asked and there it is. In basketball Hardin Jefferson wins hands down, no contest in that sport.

Well while your at it look up for golf...I bet that we have ben to more playoffs in golf and yall have in all of your sports!

I realize that OF was great a long time ago but i did say in the last fifteen years even though I meant five.. But I understand you have to take up for your school ...I respect that. I was just doing the same.

Guest bleed orange

I appreciate what you wrote Poppabearstarr. You have class and I respect you. I actually pull for HJ against any team but us because like i said before we are the underdogs a lot of times in this district. We don't have the kids some of the others school have. Thats not an excuse just a fact. People say then what about Newton. Familys don't leave Newton and they have had the same coach for 30+ years. Sorry I got on football again but just trying to make a point.

SILSBEE[move][/move]

SILSBEE[move][/move]

SILSBEE[move][/move]

SILSBEE[move][/move]

SILSBEE[move][/move]

SILSBEE[move][/move]

SILSBEE[move][/move]

SILSBEE[move][/move]

will win the District,

I like 2 see Silsbee one more time against Hardin Jefferson, I betcha Silsbee would win Lazeek

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder