Predictions for district 21-3A

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions have nothing to do with magic, but I have seen all freshmen, jv , and varsity teams and here is my rationale and by no means, do I pretend to be a basketball expect, just a basketball fan:

Jasper:Solid JV team and have the atheletes that should their fundamental skills improve, they can play a similar attacking style of basketball like HJ, Kountze,and Silsbee. Also, I think jasper will have the most complete guard in the district in the Bailey kid.

HJ - I thought the state tournament said a lot about the future. I thought Ryan played an outstading game and alone with #42 pulled them to victory. This team will not be the same without him and while I am not sold on the big kid, he was still big and his size will be hard to replace. I really RESPECT these kids and the HJ tradition, I just think there will be an adjustment period. However, they are still the Champs until someone knocks them off.

Silsbee-Graduation takes them down a notch, tradition and athletes keep them in the hunt.

Orangefield - I like what I saw in terms on development and thought the kids came a long way.

WOS - I really couldn't figure this team out. I thought they had some talent but for some reason they never  came together as a TEAM. Graduation will hurt them, but they will always have athletes.

i dont see Jasper beating HJ. didnt HJ beat Jasper this year without Donahoe? in their own GYM, while Jasper's playoff-birth was on the line?

and OF arent they losing a senior that started this year ???? maybe #32? im not sure just wondering cause he was by far a huge part of their team.

I'm familiar with Orangefield's basketball program and i can tell you that the freshman class from this year is one of the best to come around in a long time.  The freshman team was undefeated until district and lost to only 2 teams (HJ, Silsbee).  They did this without their 2 best freshman players.  One of them played on jv, and was one of their best players, and the other played on varsity (Zach Hayes), and he was a key contributor to the team by the end of the season.  They should be improved next year, but in 2 years from now watch out for this team to contend for a couple years.

Sunshine,

Yes they did. But as many will find out, playing without Ryan for four games is one thing, playing without him for a season will be much different. As I said before, their still the CHAMPS and you have to respect that. I think all of us look forward to seeing what happens next year.

Guest catfever

HJ and Silsbee will battle it out.  It will be a transition period for both of them.  West Orange lost a bunch.  They were a much different team without their seniors on the floor.  Ronnie Dennis will have to shoulder the load.  Jasper lost a lot but thier JV was very athletic.  The Bailey kid is for real.  Orangefield lost only two seniors.  Both were starters but they have a great nucleus coming back.  They might turn some heads next year.  Those should be the contenders

;D I love this District, heres my predictions

1st place- Silsbee

2nd place- Hardin Jefferson

3rd place- Jasper or West Orange Stark

5th place- Orangefield

6th place- Kirbyville

7th place- Hamshire Fannett

8th place- Bridge City

HJ won't rebuild,they'll reload.There is a reason that that good teams show up under the same coaches year after year.

1.HJ

2.Silsbee

3.WOS (if McCarter is still runnin the show)

McCarter is not going anywhere.  If he is not at WOS next year it will be on his terms!!!!

Guest wos89

He took his team to the state semis last year and made the playoffs this year in the toughest district in the state!!!!  HE WILL RETURN!!!!!!!

You don't think McCarter has been looking????????????  :D You'll see.

I thinks most of us on this board feel they will be very much in contention and I think all of us stated the obvious, they're the STATE CHAMPS. However, we just feel other teams will be moving up a notch and the services of Ryan will be sorely missed and the Big Guy's size. Your going to miss a D-I player if not, he would be worthy of such accolades. I also commend the coaching staff because HJ had kids who understood and played their roles well and their fan support was outstanding. Best of luck to H-J but hoping the district will have a fantastic finish to it and a few suprises before realigment, I think there will be a few different school in it in 2008 - 2009.

first of all OF wont be in the top 5...second of all whats up with jasper beatin hj?? yea losin donahoe is gunna be tough...but with the staff, the fans, and the confidence of bein the state champs...hj will surprise alot of people...im callin another state championship...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder