SETXsports Basketball Rankings coming soon!!

Our basketball rankings will be posted on Sunday, Nov.19. It will be the weekend after first week of play.

We have 10 voters for our rankings and I will let them introduce themselves if they choose to.

But to get the ball bouncing, here are my first rankings. Debate away. And for you other voters, you're welcome. :)

6A-4A

1. Silsbee

2. Atascocita

3. PA Memorial

4. West Brook

5. North Shore

6. Humble

7. Central

8. Ozen

9. Porter

10. LC-M

11. South Houston

12. Nederland

13. Hardin-Jefferson

14. Shepherd

15. Channelview

3A-Private

1. East Chambers

2. Tenaha

3. Pollock Central

4. San Augustine

5. Kountze

6. Big Sandy

7. Newton

8. Crockett

9. Buna

10. Pineywoods

11. Central Heights

12. Shelbyville

13. Legacy

14. Kelly

15. Evadale

48 minutes ago, joeisbell said:

thats the same east chambers that lost to hardin last year? goodness what a quick turn around

Then beat them by 40, without a cheater in the game. Don't get me started on that game. EC returns all but one player, and have a few new faces. EC also played toe to toe last year with East Bernard, who I think should have beat Kountze and been in the regional tourney. 

1 hour ago, About a week ago said:

Then beat them by 40, without a cheater in the game. Don't get me started on that game. EC returns all but one player, and have a few new faces. EC also played toe to toe last year with East Bernard, who I think should have beat Kountze and been in the regional tourney. 

oh i dont doubt ec and how good they are, but i was just wondering how in the world they lost to rinky dink hardin last year in basketball. 

3 hours ago, About a week ago said:

Shoulda coulda woulda :-)

3 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

I hope. Jarrell will he tough, returning nearly everyone from last season. 

They will be very tough.  EC will have the coaching advantage as usual though.  And next year they will be the team returning everyone, again.  They would be a year ahead of schedule if they make it this year but wouldn’t surprise me. 

22 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

im surprised the central and ozen faithful haven't jumped on this with West Brook ahead of them......even though i do agree.  West Brook 1st 5 will be good, but lack of depth will hurt them.  I forsee 2 rounds deep this year minus injuries

I agree with all of this.  Good to see the WB program is back in the discussion.

WB vs. Ozen on Tuesday night to get things started. 

28 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

im surprised the central and ozen faithful haven't jumped on this with West Brook ahead of them......even though i do agree.  West Brook 1st 5 will be good, but lack of depth will hurt them.  I forsee 2 rounds deep this year minus injuries

Just a reminder. I am only 1 of 10 voters. When the "real" poll comes out on the 19th, you could see something much different.

Heck, my rankings may change due to some game results that will have been played.

14 minutes ago, BigHoops said:

I agree with all of this.  Good to see the WB program is back in the discussion.

WB vs. Ozen on Tuesday night to get things started. 

I remember when West Brook and Central use to pack their respective gyms when they played each other, now they don't even play each other unless they meet in a tournament but the football teams are forced to play each other yearly (minus Harvey).  Go figure...

30 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

I remember when West Brook and Central use to pack their respective gyms when they played each other, now they don't even play each other unless they meet in a tournament but the football teams are forced to play each other yearly (minus Harvey).  Go figure...

Yep, and years ago used to play at the Montagne center twice a year and drew good crowds.  Back when they were in the same district. 

21 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The one team I left out of my Big school poll that I will keep an eye on is Cleveland. With Williams back there, those guys could be good.

My Small school sleeper: Hempstead

It's going to be very, very tough to beat Cleveland at home.  In my 60 years of watching sports, I've never seen officiating, referees, or umpires as biased as what I saw there.  Jmo

• 2 weeks later...