Texas Shooting

nappyroots

Thanks bullets for being one of the only conservatives on this board that puts right and wrong above black and white or democrat and republican. If everyone on this board did the same it would be great. Thats why i don't have 18,000 post. will not waste to much time here, but like to see the craziness every now and then.

On 5/8/2017 at 1:27 PM, bullets13 said:

When you look at the cases that are thrown around, very few of the people who are shot are innocent.  A better question is why does the media strive so hard to turn justifiable shootings of young black men by white cops into race baiting news stories?  The amount of heinously bad killings by cops is extremely low. We're talking about maybe 1 or 2 a year where you can honestly look at it and say "that was murder", and there's no reasonable defense to the officer's actions (the Walter Scott shooting, for example).  When you consider the hundreds of millions of police interactions a year with the public (many of which are with violent criminals), that number is very good.  We all make mistakes at our job, but most of our jobs aren't life and death.  a bad decision by a police officer could mean someone is killed, and police have to make these decisions knowing that the person who might be killed if they make a mistake is themselves.  When you consider that, it's amazing that they show the restraint that they do.   As for the "white officers shooting innocent black people", while I disagree with the media as to just how "innocent" most of the "victims" are in these shootings, it's mostly a numbers game.  Approximately 73% of law enforcement officers in the US are white.  Around 12% are black.  Add to that the fact that black males commit a disproportionate amount of the violent crimes in the US (8% of the population committing well over 40% of violent crimes), and the odds of a white officer responding to a call involving a black perpetrator or complainant is extremely high, and happens thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of times daily across the country. It's really no surprise that a good chunk of police shootings involve white officers and black criminals, and when they don't, the news has little to no incentive to report about it.

Always did think your post were pretty fair. never really calling out race in a negative way, and you will call out your own party at times. 

19 hours ago, baddog said:

Zimmerman was/is Mexican. You keep arguing with white people.

Hispanic=ethnicity, not race. Your post doesnt make sense. Is Zimmerman a Mexican? I thought his mother was from Peru. P.S hispanic means a person is from Spanish orgin, he doesnt have to be from Mexico.

6 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Hispanic=ethnicity, not race. Your post doesnt make sense. Is Zimmerman a Mexican? I thought his mother was from Peru. P.S hispanic means a person is from Spanish orgin, he doesnt have to be from Mexico.

Pick your flavor. He ain't white, Lamont.

6 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Looks to me like you brought it up first dog. Thinking someone else on this board might be on welfare or something

Well, when I'm told I have a privileged white life, what do you expect me to answer? Leave it to someone such as yourself to bring up welfare.

1 hour ago, six burg said:

Thanks bullets for being one of the only conservatives on this board that puts right and wrong above black and white or democrat and republican. If everyone on this board did the same it would be great. Thats why i don't have 18,000 post. will not waste to much time here, but like to see the craziness every now and then.

....  except bullets is not a conservative. 

On 5/8/2017 at 9:07 AM, nappyroots said:

Why do we never hear of black cops shooting innocent people? What if a black cop shot a innocent white kid in a car?

hUH? Two Black cops were indicted for shooting and killing a white guy in Louisiana. In fact, one of the Black cops was sentenced a few weeks ago.

6 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

ZIMMERMAN is a white Mexican, DUHHH!!!

A mix of white and black=black. Duh. Look at Zimmerman. He doesn't look white at all. If he was an illegal alien, this wouldn't have made the 6:00 news. You want him to be white so bad that it makes you overlook everything else.