College Prospects in Southeast Texas

To be honest with you I don't keep up with high school basketball until I joined the dicussion group last month, but I think your question deserves more thought than "who is a college prospect?"  Many factors go into this equation. In my experiences, many players have a good high school game but  everybody is a star at the next level, whether academically or athletically. Therefore, you have to bring your A-game to a higher level. Some will not have the mental edge/toughness to overcome this new hurdle. You also have to look at their program. Is this kid D-1 material, D-11, or NAIA. hMMM? Are there still NAIA schools around? I personally knew someone from high schools days who led the nation in scoring his senior year, but wasn't a highly recruited player. But from his high school stats, you would have never believed he would accomplish such a feat. 

To be honest with you I don't keep up with high school basketball until I joined the dicussion group last month, but I think your question deserves more thought than "who is a college prospect?"  Many factors go into this equation. In my experiences, many players have a good high school game but  everybody is a star at the next level, whether academically or athletically. Therefore, you have to bring your A-game to a higher level. Some will not have the mental edge/toughness to overcome this new hurdle. You also have to look at their program. Is this kid D-1 material, D-11, or NAIA. hMMM? Are there still NAIA schools around? I personally knew someone from high schools days who led the nation in scoring his senior year, but wasn't a highly recruited player. But from his high school stats, you would have never believed he would accomplish such a feat. 

Yes NAIA's are still around I goto a NAIA(Jarvis Christian College) and our basketball team is #19 in the nation I also have a cousin(Todd Henry) is at Houston Baptist who led the conference in scoring too....

Duke maybe on Browns list...But Brown is not on Duke's list, there is no way that Coach K would sign a kid like Brown(great player, but too much baggage).......Just not gonna happen!!!!!

Signed Henderson. Signed Laetnner and everyone knows he had baggage. Brown doesnt have that much baggage.

Lets see how well his grades are when it is time to sign......my guess would be that he will not be eligible for D1 and will have to go JUCO!!!!  What a waste of talent!!!! 

What exactly are you getting at his grades are fine right now. Bet, he wont drop off especially his senior year, if there was gonna be a drop off it would have been this year or last year (like it was last year) If they wasnt up-to-par believe me he wouldnt be playing for Coach Henderson.  He's not afraid to bench a player just like he did Brown for a couple of games this past year.

You don't bench the #14 ranked player in the country!!!!!!  Why is he not at Kelly anymore???? 

You bench O.J. Mayo if he pulled an attitude in one game the way he did in the K-Wood game. Doesn't matter if he was #1, #14, or #100. He learned from it and that's over with.

Duke maybe on Browns list...But Brown is not on Duke's list, there is no way that Coach K would sign a kid like Brown(great player, but too much baggage).......Just not gonna happen!!!!!

Ok, who are you and what do you know about J'Covan because you seem to know more than his own family member about him......lol, smh at people like you

Lets see how well his grades are when it is time to sign......my guess would be that he will not be eligible for D1 and will have to go JUCO!!!!  What a waste of talent!!!! 

Sounds like somebody didnt get the attention they wanted or thought they needed...lol

I bet you said the same about Jamaal Charles to, look at him a Heizman contender

I have seen Brown play on several occasions, no one can question his game or skills.  The kid can flat out play!!!!!!  But I am smart enough to know the reasons that he is not at Kelly anymore and know that there is plenty of baggage.  I wish the kid best and know that he will get the best if he can clean his act up and make grades!!!!  Best of Luck to him next season and in his recruiting war. 

Guest ltownbaseball9

Duke wants Brown very bad......and Coach K can straighten him out theres no worrys about that....thats why he such a good coach he makes a basketball players like brown a better person and thats what he will do..........Brown know worse then jameson Curry from Oklahoma st thats been in jail 3 times but sutton took him becasue he though he would be a good fit and could make him a better person in life and look he hasn't done anything wrong since he's been at OSU.......

I've only seen one D1 player.  That's J'Coven Brown.  But he has to have an attitude change.  Seen several that can go juco, Donahoe & Nethlerly.  Haven't seen the guys at Ozen.  Thomas, just don't know what position he could play.  Not a true point or shooting guard.  Heck of an athlete, I hear he has a football offer and he should take it.  Kountze has a couple that could make it by way juco, it really depends on what happens this weekend.  Would like to see Letsinger continue his career just because he loves the game so, and that may get him a juco or cc signing.  You really have to be special to go straight to D1 and that don't mean you will get to play.  After High School it gets to be a tough business.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86