NEDERLAND VS PNG

Eagle91

NEDERLAND 3

PNG 0

Nederland beats PNG 3-0.  Destiny Trahan threw a gem against PNG. One of the best games I've seen her throw. Showed why she is a Lamar commit. The game was a pitcher's dual between Destiny and Alexis Labure. Both had 13 strikeouts. Labure walked one and then a ball richocheted off the pitcher and it set the stage for Beard to hit a 3 run shot. This offset a great pitching performance by the PNG pitcher. Both pitcher's were pretty much dominating. Pretty good game to watch. Neither team will be tested in district until they play again. Just hope this weak district does not hurt either team when they get to the playoffs. I think it will though because they will not see any good pitching.

Shocked to see Vidor and Lumberton drop off like they have. Knew adding PAM would be a drop off and loosing LCM few years back has really decimated the district of some competition. PNG played a very good non district schedule and did quite well, I think they have the talent to go deep as does Nederland. Just gotta find ways to stay hungry over the next month +.