Make America Great again

new tobie

• 2 weeks later...

Key Points

• Consumer comfort index rose to 50.6 in the period ended March 5, the highest since March 2007, from 49.8 
  • Measure has exceeded 50 just six times since April 2002
  • Gauge of economy advanced to 48.2, the highest since August 2001, from 46.8
  • Buying-climate measure rose to 44.5, the strongest reading since April 2002, from 43.7
  • Index of personal finances was little changed at 58.9 versus 59

Big Picture

Stock indexes near record highs and persistent strength in the job market have lifted the consumer comfort gauge in five of the last six weeks since the inauguration of President Donald Trump. The report showed respondents view the buying climate as the most favorable in nearly 15 years, indicating household spending may rebound after a slow start to 2017. While sentiment has been particularly strong among those who vote Republican, the data also showed political independents were the most upbeat since July 2001.

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, new tobie said:

Trump just cut funding for meals on wheels and free school lunch. Lets make kids, elderly and disabled vets hungry again. Hillary hit the nail on the head with the deplorable comments 

How much of Meals on Wheels budget comes from the fed gov?  Research it.

If you are that concerned, get involved in a church/city that has a food pantry and/or delivers meals to those in need.

The fed gov is not the answer to everything so don't look to them for everything.

On 2/27/2017 at 2:21 PM, Englebert said:
3 hours ago, new tobie said:

Trump just cut funding for meals on wheels and free school lunch. Lets make kids, elderly and disabled vets hungry again. Hillary hit the nail on the head with the deplorable comments 

I know multi-millionaires whose kids are in the free lunch program. I believe in free lunches for the needy, but if funding is cut, maybe there will be some research done to see who is actually worthy of my donation. I would never take food from a hungry kid.

5 hours ago, new tobie said:

And you are the shining example of why our country is 20 trillion dollars in debt. You want to throw money at every conceived problem with absolutely no oversight, then are baffled when anyone suggests investigation. You display outrage and use fear-mongering tactics when someone suggests any form of cutbacks to a bloated system. And what is so very sad is you spout this crap while not knowing a smidgeon about the subject. Your Liberal gods didn't have to work very hard to get your blind allegiance.

14 minutes ago, new tobie said:

our politicians are the biggest thieves of government money, their spending is far more than free meals

Then you should get on board.  Trump is not a politician.  He may be trying to do the right thing by trying to get our budget under control.  We can't continue with 20 Trillion dollars in debt.  Agree?

22 minutes ago, new tobie said:

our politicians are the biggest thieves of government money, their spending is far more than free meals

Doesn't justify taking food from needy kids to feed the belly of those not deserving. Do some soul searching and stop being a robot.

24 minutes ago, new tobie said:

I agree, politicians are the biggest thieves. What I can't understand is how you can admit this, then advocate for more and more government. Are you just a hopeless optimist that you think a bigger government will prevent more theft?

5 minutes ago, baddog said:

Doesn't justify taking food from needy kids to feed the belly of those not deserving. Do some soul searching and stop being a robot.

and food for the elderly, some worked their whole lives and fell on hard times due to medical bills and managing life on a fixed income

2 minutes ago, new tobie said:

and food for the elderly, some worked their whole lives and fell on hard times due to medical bills and managing life on a fixed income

Man, you sure know how to miss a point. Is it intentional? I hope so for your sake. I think food for the needy is a good program. No one should go hungry. I hate the abusers of any government program. Reread my post.

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I agree, politicians are the biggest thieves. What I can't understand is how you can admit this, then advocate for more and more government. Are you just a hopeless optimist that you think a bigger government will prevent more theft?

I don't believe in free stuff for people that don't want to work. i just have compasion for young children and our elderly folks and vets that are living in poverty. 

22 minutes ago, new tobie said:

I don't believe in free stuff for people that don't want to work. i just have compasion for young children and our elderly folks and vets that are living in poverty. 

But yet you throw out fear-mongering lies when someone suggests cutting back on a bloated system. You advocate for throwing more money into the system. You don't dare complain about fraud and waste that allow unqualified people to game the system, but deride anyone that suggests cleaning up the system. You are not consistent with your statements.

And if you have compassion for young children and elderly folks, are you donating to charities? Why do you feel the appropriate way to help is to forcibly take money from people and funnel it through a governmental system that you even admit is full of fraud and is ran by thieves? Shouldn't you be advocating for smaller government and advocating for bigger charities?

Are you trying to make a point with your post, or just simply showing the continuing snowflake mentality?

One of the points that Hughley made that I find extremely laughable, and it mirrors your rationale new tobie, is when he said "poor people need the government..." That is one of the stupidest statements that can be uttered by any human being. If a charity can do a much better job than the government at preventing fraud and waste while distributing a helping hand, why would anyone pick the government as a source of help? The government has proven over and over it's incompetence at being good stalwarts of money (money by the way that is being forcibly taken), but yet somehow the Liberals want to choose this method over charities. Shameful.