And The Supreme Court Nominee Is...

Reagan

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

EICHENWALD: NEIL GORSUCH IS SUPREMELY QUALIFIED, AND MUST NOT BE CONFIRMED

This is the hidden content, please

From the Article:

"This goes back to the unconscionable decision of Republicans who refused to consider any nominee put forward by President Barack Obama following the death of Associate Justice Antonin Scalia. Obama nominated Merrick Garland, another eminently qualified candidate, who served as chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, the second most important court in the nation. But in a decision that will go down as one of the greatest abuses of the Constitution in this nation’s history, the Senate’s Republican majority, under the leadership of their unprincipled majority leader, Mitch McConnell, declared they would not give Garland hearings, would not examine his qualifications and would not take a vote.

Instead, they made up a rule: A nominee for the Supreme Court can be considered for only three-quarters of any president’s term. In the fourth year, confirmations have to wait until after the election. And so the Supreme Court has been hobbled for coming up on one year—and, because the confirmation hearings will inevitably drag on, it will be for months more to come."

This is known as the Biden rule, in which Obama was a participant.

Does the author not know about this, or is he just a partisan hack who chooses to only become outrage at things based solely on whose side one is on. And if he is choosing to be outraged at unconscionable injustices, he should be ready to hang Harry Reid from the tallest tree. But I have a feeling Reid is a saint to this guy. Fake outrage and hypocrisy is once again on full display by these hacks.

7 minutes ago, Englebert said:

From the Article:

"This goes back to the unconscionable decision of Republicans who refused to consider any nominee put forward by President Barack Obama following the death of Associate Justice Antonin Scalia. Obama nominated Merrick Garland, another eminently qualified candidate, who served as chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, the second most important court in the nation. But in a decision that will go down as one of the greatest abuses of the Constitution in this nation’s history, the Senate’s Republican majority, under the leadership of their unprincipled majority leader, Mitch McConnell, declared they would not give Garland hearings, would not examine his qualifications and would not take a vote.

Instead, they made up a rule: A nominee for the Supreme Court can be considered for only three-quarters of any president’s term. In the fourth year, confirmations have to wait until after the election. And so the Supreme Court has been hobbled for coming up on one year—and, because the confirmation hearings will inevitably drag on, it will be for months more to come."

This is known as the Biden rule, in which Obama was a participant.

Does the author not know about this, or is he just a partisan hack who chooses to only become outrage at things based solely on whose side one is on. And if he is choosing to be outraged at unconscionable injustices, he should be ready to hang Harry Reid from the tallest tree. But I have a feeling Reid is a saint to this guy. Fake outrage and hypocrisy is once again on full display by these hacks.

Thanks. This is what I was looking for in my earlier post....

Didn't someone post a video where Obama and Biden had voted earlier not to fill an empty Scotus seat with the standing president, but to let it carry into the new presidency? How two faced can you be?

When good old Harry brought the nuclear option into play, he did it so Obama could fill our judicial system with a bunch of ultra left judges.  He didn't bother with the Supreme Court nominees, knowing the Repubs would be fair enough to approve them, which they did with Sotomayor and Kagan.  Those two are so far left they can't even see the middle.  And if the Repubs can get Gorsuch voted in without resorting to their own nuclear option, I'll be the most shocked person in SETX.  And if he does get voted in prior to a nuclear option, there will be a number of Democratic Senators cut off from any future funds or help from the DNC.  The term bipartisanship can be deleted from the english language.  The Dems started this so its up to the Repubs to finish it.  And for the next Dem nominee, no Repub should never, ever, vote yay.  NEVER!

And if Trump gets 8 years, it's possible he could place at least 3, and possibly 4 judges on the court.  Make it so.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

When good old Harry brought the nuclear option into play, he did it so Obama could fill our judicial system with a bunch of ultra left judges.  He didn't bother with the Supreme Court nominees, knowing the Repubs would be fair enough to approve them, which they did with Sotomayor and Kagan.  Those two are so far left they can't even see the middle.  And if the Repubs can get Gorsuch voted in without resorting to their own nuclear option, I'll be the most shocked person in SETX.  And if he does get voted in prior to a nuclear option, there will be a number of Democratic Senators cut off from any future funds or help from the DNC.  The term bipartisanship can be deleted from the english language.  The Dems started this so its up to the Repubs to finish it.  And for the next Dem nominee, no Repub should never, ever, vote yay.  NEVER!

And if Trump gets 8 years, it's possible he could place at least 3, and possibly 4 judges on the court.  Make it so.

Keep them young too, Reb, so that I can die knowing I left this a better place for my family. 

I have always wondered why it is that there are so many people who think exactly opposite to me? I believe in God, family, country (constitution), self respect.......in that order. When you throw p.c. in the equation, everything flips. When you think more of a refugee than the safety of your own family and fellow countrymen, then you do not possess the ability to be a free thinker. You have been programmed. What a shame. Thought this was a good place to put this.

Reagan, the entire world is not civilized, never has been. It is not p.c. to believe you are more civilized, but then, I have never been p.c......NEVER will be, even accepting all the labeling involved.