Silsbee 95 Woodlands College Park 100/FINAL

I have to say hats off to CP.  Good game.  Seemed like every time the Tigers tried to help out on defense they found the open man for 3.  The Tigers responded well and  just fell short of the comeback.  We have to respond a little better when a player gets on a run like Grimes did in the second qtr.  Good defense in that second half , got the Tigers rolling.! Still a few mistakes here and there that cost us

33 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

The two early techs on M MCCain could be somehow related to the goaltending call in Silsbee.  Can't prove it.  Refs network like everybody else. 

Haha.  Not sure the first was really warranted.  I can't say it was or wasn't.  Really didn't see it.  Nothing had gone on.  Didn't even see any players mouthing that early in the game.  I know something was said.  The second Mike was frustrated at the call and was going on with his reaction.  Ref looked at him a couple times and you could tell he was just waiting to call it and it went on long enough that he did just that.  The other tech was just a book keeping mistake...the roster was copied from an earlier game with the numbers from those uniforms not the new ones.  All 6 fts were made I believe which created the point spread.

6 minutes ago, DXTR said:

Easily the best player in have seen play this season. He can do it all. 

Definitely!  Was hitting shots with guys doing all they could. I made the comment a couple times that there was just nothing else we could do to defend him.  That second quarter was amazing. He definitely has skills and jumping ability.  And he knew how to hit the open guy.

11 hours ago, ST413 said:

Haha.  Not sure the first was really warranted.  I can't say it was or wasn't.  Really didn't see it.  Nothing had gone on.  Didn't even see any players mouthing that early in the game.  I know something was said.  The second Mike was frustrated at the call and was going on with his reaction.  Ref looked at him a couple times and you could tell he was just waiting to call it and it went on long enough that he did just that.  The other tech was just a book keeping mistake...the roster was copied from an earlier game with the numbers from those uniforms not the new ones.  All 6 fts were made I believe which created the point spread.

The kids need to be quiet I've never seen a ref. Change there call after you complain this is happening too much to the Tigers seem like every game it's same kids that's talking to ref enough is enough Sigler needs to do something about it before it costs us again and by the way I e watched every game and this is not the first time 

4 minutes ago, kingjames said:

The kids need to be quiet I've never seen a ref. Change there call after you complain this is happening too much to the Tigers seem like every game it's same kids that's talking to ref enough is enough Sigler needs to do something about it before it costs us again and by the way I e watched every game and this is not the first time 

The techs and that 2nd qtr from Grimes were just too hard to come back from. Overall, Silsbee played a very good game. 

25 minutes ago, kingjames said:

i agree.

39 minutes ago, kingjames said:

Oh I know it's not the first time and I agree.  And I for one told Mike after the game that he has to watch those reactions.  You could see the ref waiting to call that second one.  Not sure  of that first one.  I would like to know what the ref heard or what he said he called it for.  I was looking elsewhere when it was called.

Silsbee is a talented team.  They have a rare opportunity to do something very special this season.  Still, this team has a lot of negatives, like poor free throw shooting, streaky outside shooting, allowing circumstances & the refs to take you out of the game, etc.  They should be able to handle district.  Still they have to play the games.  In the playoffs though, if one or more of those negatives show up in the game, and their opponent is motivated & gets on a roll, they can get sent home.   Hopefully this doesn't happen.