Silsbee vs Central

kingjames

10 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...And Devin is NOT 6'4".  lol  Nice try though..  just talked to him Friday.  he's 6'3".  And Tre Jones is NOT 6'5"...  he's closer to 6'4".  But I do get your point though...

Kalon Barnes is probably 6'1", possibly 6'2".  If he is 6'3" and timed at 4.39 in the 40, there would be recruit helicopters (like at Tx A&M) landing in Silsbee on a daily basis.  

vs WC on Sat:

Bush should be handling the ball if Devon is out.  He finished the game with the starting group after Mike J and Harris fouled out and played smarter with the ball than Harris.

Ball handling was the reason the second five wasn't effective in my opinion.

I look for him to have more opportunities in the Central game.  I think the intensity as well as the Athletism will be much different than the WC game.

Too close to call.

5 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Kalon Barnes is probably 6'1", possibly 6'2".  If he is 6'3" and timed at 4.39 in the 40, there would be recruit helicopters (like at Tx A&M) landing in Silsbee on a daily basis.  

You better go check his offers for football! Texas A&M, UCLA, Texas Tech, Missouri, Georgia, University of Houston and many more to come!

9 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

vs WC on Sat:

Bush should be handling the ball if Devon is out.  He finished the game with the starting group after Mike J and Harris fouled out and played smarter with the ball than Harris.

Ball handling was the reason the second five wasn't effective in my opinion.

I look for him to have more opportunities in the Central game.  I think the intensity as well as the Athletism will be much different than the WC game.

Too close to call.

I have no problem with Braylon handling the ball at all. Have seen nothing but good from him.  Ball handling may have been some of the problem but to me the bigger issue in Saturday's game was size with that group. WC was pretty big overall,  that second group had 3 pg s really in Newton, Tyler and Bush.  All play larger than they are but still outsized by a lot in that game.  I expect to see that group be real effective once they get used to playing together and those 3 football players get their basketball legs under them.  You wil go from that starting five long and quick on defense to an even quicker and maybe even better defensive unit in that second team.  Good problems to have.

26 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

The refs weren't calling it fair on both ends. WC was very long and had decent athletes. They had several good shooters. I don't see anyone in 4A Region 3 having that kind of size. 

Hey Badsanta I saw ur post earlier about bad sportsmanship for Silsbee kid running in the WC kid face with the number 1 up which I agree, just talked with Jones dad and I was told that same kid from WC done that to them this summer! Just thought l would share that with you.

this game will simply come down to coaching strategy. Easily two of the most athletic teams in the area. They seem to be evenly matched from what I ve seen of them lately. I was impressed with central in their win against Kountze.( who I have to give credit to as well they are much better than what I thought they would be this year) central is very energetic and shoots well. Silsbee depth will take the air out of them late in the game. it will be closer than most expect but the tigers win by 12. good luck to both teams and Great job coach Paul and the jags for not backing out on this game.