Cedar Park vs Manvel thoughts

bronco pride

CP is a very, very good team. Discipline, execution, a nasty run game with serious defense is their strong point. In past years I would have worried about Manvel and stopping the run. This year with the new DC, new scheme and kids buying in I'm not worried near as much. CP will get some yardage and make a few big plays but we have played bigger and better teams this season IMO(North Shore & Pearland).  If Manvel defense makes the stops needed and the offense gets rolling a little bit things should be fine. HOKA HEY

I'm excited about seeing these defenses. Think CP is giving up around 8pts per game and Manvel around 10. I'm sure both teams have given up some of those points in garbage time because they have both been so dominant and had very lopsided victories. I think the CP 49-0 win over a Conally team that just took Temple to the wire was their most impressive win. Manvels win over NS was super impressive.

CP had 471 total yards and Manvel had 472. I would say pretty dang good matchup. Ultimately CP had 4 turnovers to Manvels 1 and against a team like Manvel that's almost impossible to overcome. One of the CP turnovers was basically in garbage time. Was a 5pt game in the 4th and then Mavel scored their only td in the second half to get a 12pt win. Probably see these 2 again next year. Kid for CP threw for over 400 yds and is back next year with his 2 best receivers. Manvel will be nasty again. 

1 hour ago, panamamyers said:

Cedar park cut it to single digits for  less than a minute after the 1st quarter.

Manvel has much better return game so total yards is a little misleading.

Great return game. Actually got Manvel a td. Also 2 of CP turnovers gave Manvel the ball inside the 20. Which meant even fewer yards for tds. My point was both of these were very good and IMO turnovers is what made the difference. Neither team was even close to 100 yds rushing. I think Manvel had around 80 and CP around 50. I was actually shocked at how many points were scored. I think Manvel rolls Temple and then takes state. CP was the only team IMO that had a chance at beating Manvel.

CP is a damn good team. I think they have more HEART than playmakers. Manvel was hell bent on stopping the run and did not prepare well for the pass IMO. Up by 20 at the half I think Manvel (kids & coaching) got relaxed because things were too easy. Those kids minds were already in the next round in the 3rd quarter. It happens all the time... Ex: PNG back in 2011, Clear Creek last year, Fort Bend Bush, (Cy Ranch/loss) etc.... I'm not taking anything from CP but a "pedal to the medal" Manvel would have destroyed CP. They simply didn't have the speed to compete on a " HIGH " level. Just my opinion. Manvel didn't even send pressure at the QB until the game was @ 5 points. But I can't deny CP's heart and the QB play. Great Game!