PNG vs FB Willowridge

Indianforever

I should not post on this matter but I have no filter sometimes so here goes me being stupid:

Here is a fact: Coaches cannot play every kid. They just can't. It doesn't mean they don't like the kids not played and that there is a specific reason for it. There can only be 22 guys on the field during every play. At any given point I'd say close to 16-18 of those never leave the field and are established starters. So that leaves only a few spots that rotate. Now when injuries occur, coaches have to make a difficult decision of who to plug into that spot and all the while considering a number of reasons as to why that person is next in line.

Always remember, coaches are employees to an employer. Coaches not only want to win, their families need them to win. Can't win, they are looking for a job. And do some of you realize the pressure put on these men and women? Think about it. Some of you wanted to send BF packing for losing one game in particular each year for six years. It didn't matter the Indians have only missed the playoffs once in his tenure, it was that one loss. 

So in general, don't blame a coach for making personnel decisions they make to put their TEAM in a position they feel gives them the best chance to win.

Like people have said, if you have a question then do yourself a favor so you can get the answers you seek, ask. But do it like an adult and respect the answer you get whether good or bad. Coaches are humans like the rest of us. They make decisions at their job and sometimes those decisions don't work. They either learn from it or don't. Just like the rest of us. 

Sorry so long, I can't sleep and it's 145 ha

26 minutes ago, Tj yellow jacket said:

Lock it and let's get back on football and the kids! That's why we are all here the kids! Don't have a kid playing but a couple years ago I did and it was the same old thing like every year! They pulled the jv players up and at halftime they made them sit outside the locker room at the butch. I get it your mad my wife and I was also! But remember it's for the kids and like it or not BF is the coach and he will do what he wants. And 10-1 not bad!

It is if your kid doesn't pl......never mind, soooo what are the keys for a 3rd round appearance?

12 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Y'all go to facebook or twitter and argue about all that, and the rest of us will get back to football...

Amen brother! Let's talk winning this game & getting to the next round.  There is never a perfect situation with players not playing.  However we can support 100% the players that do play & will play in this week's game. 

The coaches see these kids Every Day in the spring and Every Day beginning with two-a-days in early August. They know what they are capable of. If some kids are playing more now, or maybe playing multiple positions now in the playoffs, it’s because the coaching staff knows that’s what gives the team the best chance to win. They are not going to play kids simply because they are the backup at certain positions where they may have injuries, they are going to play kids in those positions that they believe will help the team get wins and move on!

28 minutes ago, Purple32 said:

If that makes you feel good at the same time score some points with the coach then... good job !

If you have a kid on the team.... ask him about #14 ?

I have two on the team as a matter of fact. And neither one start. One hardly plays at all. Would it be nice if they played more, sure, but football isn’t about feeling good because your kid gets playing time or because you as their parent believe they deserve more playing time, especially in the playoffs. It’s about winning and moving on. That’s reality!!!

29 minutes ago, Purple32 said:

This is Gage in Baytown ... only game he played ! He drove 54 yards less than 2 minutes and scored ...

This is the hidden content, please

I do not know the agenda with BF and your son... If its legit, that sux.. I wont bring up my history or many others with BF.. But it is what it is... Congrats on your son being a TRUE INDIAN... and gutting it out... That's the sign of a strong individual... 

3 minutes ago, Purple32 said:

Thank you for the kind words  ! I am proud but he gives all the glory to God !

Look at what God has helped him accomplished !

That in itself is a huge accomplishment! I bet you are one very proud parent!

4 minutes ago, Purple32 said:

Thank you for the kind words  ! I am proud but he gives all the glory to God !

Look at what God has helped him accomplish!

I remember that kid and have also wondered why he hasn't played more. It's working for the moment but PNG will meet up with a team eventually with D1 players and good coaching. My brother wont always be able to run for 200, throw for 150 and score 5tds. The only thing I can see preventing him (Gage) is trust from coaches at this point. Prolly lost confidence in the backups after Ozen. Only thing he can do is maximize practice reps

6 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I remember that kid and have also wondered why he hasn't played more. It's working for the moment but PNG will meet up with a team eventually with D1 players and good coaching. My brother wont always be able to run for 200, throw for 150 and score 5tds. The only thing I can see preventing him (Gage) is trust from coaches at this point. Prolly lost confidence in the backups after Ozen. Only thing he can do is maximize practice reps

Your brother can't continue doing that. Just plain scary, but he pops right up like he didn't just get waylaid by a whole defense. Superman on the field.