Crosby 41 Humble 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

Very pleased with what I saw overall from Crosby, defense played extremely well. Taylor Perry had over 100 int. return yards and Alec Lewis basically dominated from the rover position. Humble isn't a great passing team but what attempts they did have we covered, especially #17 Palmer who had three deep pass break-ups in 1 v 1 situations and a game-stopping hit on another pass break-up. Humble probably had less than 40 total yards when the starters were pulled to start the 4th quarter. 

For about five games in a row the offensive line has gotten movement, they were borderline dominant tonight and Grace looked the best I've seen him all year. We were sloppy at times, twice inside the 5 yardline with no points plus a turnover. Also had a punt return TD called back on a block in the back behind the play. Starting qb got banged up and sophomore backup came in and went 3 for 3 on TD drives to end the third quarter and start the fourth. Three of the four starting receivers are playing at an all-district level right now. 

Before Crosby fans comment on who should play where just understand for all our issues we're averaging over 41ppg in district play. The defense was supposed to lead this team anyway. Now the focus turns to beating New Caney and winning at least a share of the district championship for the third straight year. 

1 hour ago, Coug88 said:

40-6  

I do like #7 at QB

#7 should be starting at quarterback.  He doesn't run backwards when pressured, he runs the ball when he is supposed to, throws the ball with more zip on it, and above all is a TEAM player.  If he starts against New Caney, we get the win.  If not, it's a toss up, literally.

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

#7 should be starting at quarterback.  He doesn't run backwards when pressured, he runs the ball when he is supposed to, throws the ball with more zip on it, and above all is a TEAM player.  If he starts against New Caney, we get the win.  If not, it's a toss up, literally.

I agree with you only if Netherly is gimpy. If Netherly can run, the ball needs to be in his hands every play. If he can't run full speed I agree with you. He's not a bad passer, but without his wheels he's without 85% of his game. With his wheels, no one on the field can stop him. 

On 10/29/2016 at 0:04 AM, Red Dawn said:

I agree with you only if Netherly is gimpy. If Netherly can run, the ball needs to be in his hands every play. If he can't run full speed I agree with you. He's not a bad passer, but without his wheels he's without 85% of his game. With his wheels, no one on the field can stop him. 

He is not getting healthier.  Every game when he goes down, he tweaks that ankle.  It is heartbreaking because he has been working up to this.  It would be fun to see him line up at WR to start the game and watch NC to see if they adjust.