BH Vs. New Caney

BHFAN

Finally a game to get pumped about!!!! I'm glad that BH will finish the season with NC and Porter to get tuned up for the playoffs. This game is a complete toss up, but that District Championship is still out there for Crosby, BH, NC or Porter to grab. New Caney has to be the favorite in this one being that it is at their house, but this game will give BH the opportunity to show that they have improved from the Crosby game and can beat a quality team in New Caney! Lets go Eagles!!! From those that have played both BH and NC what is your thoughts?

I wouldn't miss this one for the world :) I love games when so much is on the line! If NC wins out they are DC! If BH wins they will need NC's help to beat Crosby to take the DC! Regardless of what happens all of our playoff teams should be battle tested going into the playoffs it will just make us all better! Then there is the dark horse Porter that is sitting back saying "Yeah just keep ignoring us" and BAM they are DC! As for this game the first team to get to 40 points will be the winner IMO, better bring your A team boys this is going to be a shoot out!

Hopefully, last Friday is behind us. Penalties and unable to stop a read option QB hurt us last week. We have 3 more weeks until the playoffs to shore that mess up. We probably get PNG first round and if we can't contain a running QB, we'll be dribbling basketballs after 1st round. The NC and Porter games for BH are toss up games. If we play like 90% of the season, I see BH winning, but if we show up like we did against Crosby and 1st half last week, BH will lose. Good luck boys and keep it rolling.

Well, since 21-5A has turned into the Big 12 I suspect defense will be at a premium in this one too. I think BH's defensive staff is little better than NC's and they get the extra stop and win something like 45-42. If Crosby can put their game away in the first half I'm probably going to come down 59 and catch the second half of this one.  

14 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, since 21-5A has turned into the Big 12 I suspect defense will be at a premium in this one too. I think BH's defensive staff is little better than NC's and they get the extra stop and win something like 45-42. If Crosby can put their game away in the first half I'm probably going to come down 59 and catch the second half of this one.  

I would expect you to get to see all of the second half of this game then. Splendora runs the ball a lot so the clock should keep rolling and if you don't have it put away by half I would be totally surprised.

16 minutes ago, BHMOMFORLIFE said:

After a few adjustments against Humble, we had the game in the bag. Our boys have been playing some good ball. We will definitely have to play smart against New Caney and Porter to pull of the win. It will be great to watch both games 

I just hope we do a better scouting job this week. Even though the adjustments were made before the half I wouldn't want to wait that long against NC. Humble was one dimensional NC will be much more dynamic. 

12 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I just hope we do a better scouting job this week. Even though the adjustments were made before the half I wouldn't want to wait that long against NC. Humble was one dimensional NC will be much more dynamic. 

Me too. We better play smart and keep our emotions out of it. I think our boys want this

Just to show a side by side comparison of like opponents to see just  how even these teams are!

• Kingwood Park - BH won 54-3 // NC won 41-3
  • Conroe Caney Creek - BH won 63-20 // NC won 49-0
  • Dayton - BH won 42-21 // NC won 48-26
  • Splendora - BH won 49-7// NC won 37-29
  • Humble - BH won 48-2// NC won 43-11

15 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

So Dayton fans you have played us both what is your opinions? Honest option's please leave your distain for BH at the door :)

I honestly think New Caney is more Athletic.  But Barbers hill has more size.  New Caneys QB causes problems.  good receivers plus decent guys on the edge on Defense.  #2 for New Caney is a ball hawk.

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

So Dayton fans you have played us both what is your opinions? Honest option's please leave your distain for BH at the door :)

Honestly I'm willing to bet that the BH team Dayton played is even better now. Same can be said for NC.  I'm sure it will be a great game with 2 of the top 4 coaching staffs in our district. I think both teams will be coached up and ready for this one. I wouldn't put money on either team.

7 hours ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

I would expect you to get to see all of the second half of this game then. Splendora runs the ball a lot so the clock should keep rolling and if you don't have it put away by half I would be totally surprised.

If Crosby sticks to their trend of inconsistency you never know? I don't think we've given up 100 rushing yards in a game so far this season so I should be able to make both, I've been surprised by several of our games this season though.

I assume the best way to the stadium is up through Cleveland then south on 59? This is the first time I have made a trip to this game because in the past in never meant anything. I have heard a lot about the stadium and looking forward to the game.

25 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I assume the best way to the stadium is up through Cleveland then south on 59? This is the first time I have made a trip to this game because in the past in never meant anything. I have heard a lot about the stadium and looking forward to the game.

I went there last year for the first time for a WOS playoff game it is one of my favorite stadiums in Houston.  

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

If it were me from BH, I would take 146 to Dayton, 1960 from Dayton to Huffman, 2100 from Huffman which turns into 1485 before it gets to NC.