MANVEL 36 PEARLAND 0

songone

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

This is the reason Crosby only dropped one or two spots in all the polls except the AP after we lost to them. Is it a stretch to say Manvel is the best team in the state regardless of class. Pretty impressive 3-0 resume right now.

Nope. I think they are. Desoto struggled out in my old stomping grounds of West by God Texas versus Midland from what I was seeing awhile ago. 

On 9/10/2016 at 10:36 PM, TradenupBH said:

Pearland QB out for the year before this game. I heard they don't really have a back-up, although may not have mattered.

Pearland's starting QB - A&M commit Connor Blumrick - was injured in their first series of their first game and is out for the season. Their 2nd string QB - Jacob Whitehead - is a 3-year varsity player. He started some last year. But he was injured in Pearland's week 2 game. They started a sophomore QB against Manvel, and he too was injured early in the 2nd quarter. So Whitehead played the rest of the game. 

Pearland's top RB from last year has not played yet this year, and they started a sophomore at RB also.

Shaping up to be a very tough year for Pearland. 

20 minutes ago, RHBoiler said:

Pearland's starting QB - A&M commit Connor Blumrick - was injured in their first series of their first game and is out for the season. Their 2nd string QB - Jacob Whitehead - is a 3-year varsity player. He started some last year. But he was injured in Pearland's week 2 game. They started a sophomore QB against Manvel, and he too was injured early in the 2nd quarter. So Whitehead played the rest of the game. 

Pearland's top RB from last year has not played yet this year, and they started a sophomore at RB also.

Shaping up to be a very tough year for Pearland. 

That's what was told to me by some friends in the know at Pearland. Tough break for them.