Liberty Vs. Coldspring

setxnative96

Liberty's team look better than the past couple of years, they beat Anahuac who is terrible 35-0 then another bad team in the Cleveland Indians, 28-6 not to say the Panthers & Indians dont have potential. As of now hard to tell what Coldspring has being there game got canceled last week and shepherd and clevelands game was cancelled as well, Shepherd did top Coldspring 37-33. Both are hurting from Graduation. Liberty 35-13

Yeah coldspring just wasn't the same team last year as they have been in recent years. Liberty is going in the opposite direction and looking better than they have looked in a long time. With D1 linebacker Tyris Williams leading the Panther defense I look for them to get their first win against coldspring in over 10 years. 

51 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

Yeah coldspring just wasn't the same team last year as they have been in recent years.

With D1 linebacker Tyris Williams leading the Panther defense I look for them to get their first win against coldspring in over 10 years. 

I hate to say it but I think most of it is called coaching.

Shepherd just got it's first win over Coldspring in over a decade. Who knows Liberty might be next. 

40 minutes ago, MEM said:

I hate to say it but I think most of it is called coaching.

Shepherd just got it's first win over Coldspring in over a decade. Who knows Liberty might be next. 

Yeah the loss of coach Barbay has affected coldspring negatively no doubt. When he was there they were competing for state in 4A, well it was 3A at the time class 4A now with the addition of the 6A and the new realignment.

Yes I am from Coldspring. My 1st time doing this type of blog, so ladies and gentleman take it easy on me.

The Trojans have been hit pretty hard by the graduation bug.  They have a lot of underclassmen on this year team.  It will be a learning curve.  Also, I was informed some of the players played 2-way the whole game, if so that surely contributed to the loss.  To say the least I was very disappointed Friday night in the game results, coaching strategies.  I was under the weather 1st battle of San Jacinto I have missed in over a decade and wouldn't you know the one I miss is the one we lose.

I am not quiet understanding how we were leading 33-7 at halftime and come out completely flat in the 3rd & 4th quarter.  I believe subsitiutions, lack of utilizing timeouts significantly contributed to this heartbreaking lost.

I can speak for most of the people of Coldspring we are sad, shocked, and surely not happy.  This is new to us.  We have state finalists teams in 1992 & 2010.  Both of these teams had excellent head coaches who were defensive gurus: late Great Ed Peveto and Coach Brian Barbary.  I am just saying the defense needs a new game plan.