PNG @ LUMBERTON

NDNation

3 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've seen.. Go look at what PNG fans (a few of them at least) are saying, they are the ones claiming to have the powerhouse team.. All I'm saying is we have a chance to win.. Good try though 

I wouldn't dare say the word powerhouse...geesh..I don't even know who we are.

Keep in mind, I'm one of the few that's non biased that's seen both teams....  Lumberton isn't a slouch and this will be a game...  Advantage for PN-G will be the passing game...  Lumberton is vulnerable to the deep pass...

Advantage for Lumberton is hard nosed line and runners...  

On September 3, 2016 at 10:10 PM, L-Train11 said:

HF looked much better than GCM, so I'm feeling a little confident lol

On September 3, 2016 at 11:06 AM, L-Train11 said:

He hasn't even faced a decent d yet, and they won't stop our run game.

Where is the evidence that Lumberton has a "decent" D? Lumberton has played one full game against a school with less than 600 kids (and isn't WO-S), a school that is a perennial bottom feeder in its own classification. PNG already has shown the ability to make stops against good backs when it matters, so I don't know what indications exist that PNG won't stop Lumberton's run game. There isn't a Calvin Tyler playing for Lumberton, and even if there was, we would be okay. Lumberton may be better than recent years -- Maybe even better than last year. But Lumberton is unproven, and history is not on its side (Lumberton is 1-16 against PNG all time, and that one victory was in a year where PNG went 3-6).

Think about that-- At Lumberton's best (2008), they managed to beat one of PNG's worst by a mere seven points. 

Statistics don't win games, but they are at least an interesting indicator of potential future outcomes. In the series, PNG has outscored Lumberton 656-238. PNG averages 38.6 ppg against Lumberton. Lumberton averages 14. Last year, when Lumberton finally looked like it might be turning a corner, PNG scored easily and often. 

Lumberton will have to stop PNG's QB, running back, receivers, and o-line, all of whom have demonstrable ability to produce. Lumberton also has to somehow overpower a PNG defensive line that has been fairly successful against much faster backs than what Lumberton has waiting in the stables. I'll admit, I haven't seen Lumberton play, but I did get a chance to see PNG against WO-S in August (scrimmage) -- PNG can hang with the run. 

It may be a good game -- It might also be incredibly boring. 

10 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Referring to 99. Been drinking too much of that cough syrup. Ahhh, that's why they call it Purple Drank. 

Good stuff,you should drink some on your sleepless nights when worried about what them indians might do this year,get some rest so you don't miss a beat down,lol,oh i never said we were a power house,thats big talk right there,buy i can promise one thing L train is in trouble come friday night,its gonna be all bout that purple,when we get done over there,nelson is riding back with the team on the buss saying good job boys,deep down i was hoping yall would win,lol

10 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

You weren't one I was referring to.

I knew you were talking about me,duh every one did,after we open the can of whoop arse friday night,im going to be looking for your excuses of here,and im gonna say i told you so,that new turf is gonna be the Atmosphere,so what im getting at,blame it on the pretty new field yall have,trains can't run on turf they would get derailed,smack attack! I miss hearing the bull after games on the radio,lol.

5 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

I knew you were talking about me,duh every one did,after we open the can of whoop arse friday night,im going to be looking for your excuses of here,and im gonna say i told you so,that new turf is gonna be the Atmosphere,so what im getting at,blame it on the pretty new field yall have,trains can't run on turf they would get derailed,smack attack! I miss hearing the bull after games on the radio,lol.

Won't be any excuses from me.. If yall win, all you'll hear from me is a congratulations and good luck on the rest of the year. I believe this is a good Lumberton team that your facing, even though nobody else seems to believe it. So if yall win that just makes you better.. Plain and simple.

8 hours ago, jeter said:

Where is the evidence that Lumberton has a "decent" D? Lumberton has played one full game against a school with less than 600 kids (and isn't WO-S), a school that is a perennial bottom feeder in its own classification. PNG already has shown the ability to make stops against good backs when it matters, so I don't know what indications exist that PNG won't stop Lumberton's run game. There isn't a Calvin Tyler playing for Lumberton, and even if there was, we would be okay. Lumberton may be better than recent years -- Maybe even better than last year. But Lumberton is unproven, and history is not on its side (Lumberton is 1-16 against PNG all time, and that one victory was in a year where PNG went 3-6).

Think about that-- At Lumberton's best (2008), they managed to beat one of PNG's worst by a mere seven points. 

Statistics don't win games, but they are at least an interesting indicator of potential future outcomes. In the series, PNG has outscored Lumberton 656-238. PNG averages 38.6 ppg against Lumberton. Lumberton averages 14. Last year, when Lumberton finally looked like it might be turning a corner, PNG scored easily and often. 

Lumberton will have to stop PNG's QB, running back, receivers, and o-line, all of whom have demonstrable ability to produce. Lumberton also has to somehow overpower a PNG defensive line that has been fairly successful against much faster backs than what Lumberton has waiting in the stables. I'll admit, I haven't seen Lumberton play, but I did get a chance to see PNG against WO-S in August (scrimmage) -- PNG can hang with the run. 

It may be a good game -- It might also be incredibly boring. 

Thanks for the history lesson.

The "decent d" reference was because we have 9 returning starters, so basically the same defense that put a stop to Vidor's infamous run game last year, and we did the same thing that yall did to Calvin Tyler last year, except he played with a dual threat qb that was actually utilized. Everyone on this site knows that the play calling from Silsbee was horrible that night, if they would have let Jones run/throw more it may have been a much closer game.

Now, you are 100% correct that we do not have Calvin Tyler running out of the back field. But when he puts 180 yards on yall with a line that has been labeled as "soft" by many people, then ill take our chances with a very physical offensive line... Or can I say that since we haven't played a game yet?

I've seen both teams scrimmage, and ive been both teams against a very weak opponent. Do I believe that we can win? Certainly. Will it happen? Nobody knows till Friday night.

6 hours ago, class-99 Indians said:

now thats purple drank talking right there fo show,lol.

Naw! Just a belief in my son and his teammates! If you don't believe you stand a chance of winning, then there is no need to even hit the field! So keep talkin! At the end of the day, none of us really know! It's a different year and circumstances always change! 

36 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Thanks for the history lesson.

The "decent d" reference was because we have 9 returning starters, so basically the same defense that put a stop to Vidor's infamous run game last year, and we did the same thing that yall did to Calvin Tyler last year, except he played with a dual threat qb that was actually utilized. Everyone on this site knows that the play calling from Silsbee was horrible that night, if they would have let Jones run/throw more it may have been a much closer game.

Now, you are 100% correct that we do not have Calvin Tyler running out of the back field. But when he puts 180 yards on yall with a line that has been labeled as "soft" by many people, then ill take our chances with a very physical offensive line... Or can I say that since we haven't played a game yet?

I've seen both teams scrimmage, and ive been both teams against a very weak opponent. Do I believe that we can win? Certainly. Will it happen? Nobody knows till Friday night.

Naw I think only Lumberton thinks they will win. You seen the pick ems? lol  But for real though, I look for Lumberton to fight hard for a few quarters, just wont be enough.

3 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Naw I think only Lumberton thinks they will win. You seen the pick ems? lol  But for real though, I look for Lumberton to fight hard for a few quarters, just wont be enough.

Correction, we will fight hard for 4 quarters.. May not be enough still, but we will make it a full game