PNG @ LUMBERTON

NDNation

McZeal hasn't been unleashed yet. So far it's been the Johnson, Riggs and Hughes show. Big Fella is not only tall, he's a tank. Who ya got that's going to cover him? And then there is McGough...gotta watch him also. This offense is going to rip thru the Lumberton D. 

Lumberton's QB is going to be up close and personal with the new turf. 

13 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Not gonna happen, we got a lot of weapons. Our "slow" qb (as labeled by one of y'all) had to have had close to 150 rushing yards tonight. Made some nice passes, defense looking good as well with 3 picks tonight.

do need to work on covering the deep ball though 

150 yards against Hamshire Fannett

Heard HF dropped a ton of wide open passes. Better get that D straight or you'll have a tough time with skill kids PNG rolls out there.

4 minutes ago, The Icon said:

150 yards against Hamshire Fannett

Heard HF dropped a ton of wide open passes. Better get that D straight or you'll have a tough time with skill kids PNG rolls out there.

That's correct, that's why I said earlier our d needs to work on the deep ball.. GCM completed a couple of deep passes as well, so looks like we both need a little work in that area.

Should be a high scoring game, I think our line will open some good holes and we will have several people who can run the ball which makes for fresh legs. I've been impressed with our o line so far.

Defensively I think we will put some pressure on RJ, our d line and backers are really good, the fun task will be containing him. Playing smart and containing can beat his speed, question will be can we play smart enough? We shall see

2 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Not "we" for me - I'm an unbiased third party making observations. I just enjoy watching local high school football. 

GCM and HF aren't good football teams. However, I think it is safe to say GCM has better athletes than HF.

Should be a good game come Friday 

I would agree that GCM has better athletes, but with their play calling (which was HORRIBLE), I think HF could beat them.

9 minutes ago, 3n2 said:

Indians will break the new field in right! Chief Macho Camacho will be dancing up and down the field. Gonna be playing Cherokee on repeat! PNG is not HF. 

Why do people keep saying that?? Because Lumberton is not GCM either!!

kinda annoying when teams talk about our past opponent but fail to realize who they just played as well.

oh well, keep underestimating Lumberton 

19 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

kinda annoying when teams talk about our past opponent but fail to realize who they just played as well.

I agree with you, comparing who you play is pointless, Like my Dad always said, "that's why we play the game." You never know when a team is on its game and the other team cant seem to catch a break. I still believe the Indians will win but you never know what \s going to happen or which way the ball will bounce. Every game is different because of match-ups.

2 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

I agree with you, comparing who you play is pointless, Like my Dad always said, "that's why we play the game." You never know when a team is on its game and the other team cant seem to catch a break. I still believe the Indians will win but you never know what \s going to happen or which way the ball will bounce. Every game is different because of match-ups.

Your right.

All I know is based off of last year at this time I think we look a little better, and as of now all I have to judge by is HF and scrimmages. Even with who we lost on offense I think we have some good starters and even good young back ups this year. A few sophomores getting playing time which always looks good for the future

Let's face it.  Lumberton is about a 4 TD underdog based on scores from the last few years.  If PNG wins this game, everyone will say "Well, y'all were supposed to win".  But if PNG loses, more than just the HC will be contacting their local realtor.  Heck, if Nelson goes home to PNG, it might be as the new HC. :)

17 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Not gonna happen, we got a lot of weapons. Our "slow" qb (as labeled by one of y'all) had to have had close to 150 rushing yards tonight. Made some nice passes, defense looking good as well with 3 picks tonight.

do need to work on covering the deep ball though 

I said that about yalls qb,and he is slow,wait until you see ours,now he's going to burn yall,L train might have looked good,but look who yall played,yalls qb better cut his hair before friday because its going to get all pulled out,#22 will be on his arse.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

lumberton will put up a fight just not enough