PNG @ LUMBERTON

NDNation

3 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Thanks for the history lesson.

The "decent d" reference was because we have 9 returning starters, so basically the same defense that put a stop to Vidor's infamous run game last year, and we did the same thing that yall did to Calvin Tyler last year, except he played with a dual threat qb that was actually utilized. Everyone on this site knows that the play calling from Silsbee was horrible that night, if they would have let Jones run/throw more it may have been a much closer game.

Now, you are 100% correct that we do not have Calvin Tyler running out of the back field. But when he puts 180 yards on yall with a line that has been labeled as "soft" by many people, then ill take our chances with a very physical offensive line... Or can I say that since we haven't played a game yet?

I've seen both teams scrimmage, and ive been both teams against a very weak opponent. Do I believe that we can win? Certainly. Will it happen? Nobody knows till Friday night.

Good observations. Lumberton has the pieces to make it a game, and there is certainly no predicting what will happen on a given night. Good luck to both teams. 

4 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Won't be any excuses from me.. If yall win, all you'll hear from me is a congratulations and good luck on the rest of the year. I believe this is a good Lumberton team that your facing, even though nobody else seems to believe it. So if yall win that just makes you better.. Plain and simple.

I know yall have a good team brother,if yall win i will say congrats too,just having fun,i just pray for both teams to come out of the game injury free,it's going to be a fun game thats for sure,my brother lives over there,and a couple of friends,im going to see if they all want to come watch a good game.

7 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

How does this young man compare to Kendrick King or Josh Boyd?  Not when he is a senior but right now in Gm 3 of Soph season. He can prob pass better than both but what about running?  I'm anxious to see this kid play

His running skills,and vision is even better,this kid is bad to the bone,you will see.

45 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

So, you have watched Kendrick King play football?  Is he also faster than Kendrick?  We may be looking at the next Michael Vick.

yes i saw king play he was a bad arse too,yes hes just as fast as he was,lol i wouldn't say m vick,hes not that fast,but he will make you miss,last week the ball got hiked of his head,so he had to run back to get it,then he ran around,and between about seven or eight guys breaking there feet,he as sick moves,and still got the first down,just a soph,so hes only going to get better,hes fun to watch,i dont like comparing players,there all great in there on way,time will tell how good Rj really is.

26 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

He will be the highest touted player in PNG history. My prediction is he will be playing for a Power 5 team after his senior year.

Theres no doubt in my mind that he will be d1,and go to the longhorns,thats his dream my daughter tells me,so he won't accept second,hes shoot high so he will grab his dream of playing at UT,im telling you this kid is determined,when the teams not practicing,hes out there everyday on field working,hes prolly out there right now,throwing threw net,now how many soph can you say does this,he is a freak about the game,thats all he does im telling you ask people,hes going to be great,but how great is a process that i guess we will have to wait,and see.

7 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

Theres no doubt in my mind that he will be d1,and go to the longhorns,thats his dream my daughter tells me,so he won't accept second,hes shoot high so he will grab his dream of playing at UT,im telling you this kid is determined,when the teams not practicing,hes out there everyday on field working,hes prolly out there right now,throwing threw net,now how many soph can you say does this,he is a freak about the game,thats all he does im telling you ask people,hes going to be great,but how great is a process that i guess we will have to wait,and see.

If what your saying is true (which I doubt you would lie about that), then I have a lot of respect for him. Sounds like a hard worker! Usually people with natural talent don't work hard, but when your blessed with talent like him with a work ethic to go along with it, that's what's gonna make him great. I wish him a lot of luck except this week lol

21 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Keep in mind, I'm one of the few that's non biased that's seen both teams....  Lumberton isn't a slouch and this will be a game...  Advantage for PN-G will be the passing game...  Lumberton is vulnerable to the deep pass...

Advantage for Lumberton is hard nosed line and runners...  

Solid analysis 

Having watched both teams:

PNG Skill Kids > Lumberton Skill Kids

PNG O/D Line = Lumberton O/D Line

Faircloth > Babin

As all games do, it'll come down to turnovers and special teams. May the better team win

38 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

Believe me, I know, but I'm talking him into going to LSU! His older brother went there, so maybe I can get him to go. Lol

6 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Believe me, I know, but I'm talking him into going to LSU! His older brother went there, so maybe I can get him to go. Lol

Jeremiah went to Southeastern and transferred to Lamar Bmt, can't be me, I went to Xavier U Nola. Good luck with that though, if everything goes as he plans, he is going to be a Longhorn. Nick Saban, let alone Les Miles wouldnt be able to change that.

30 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

This gets more entertaining by the week.  Thanks 99.

well its true just like i was saying,just rode by png stadium,what did i see Rj throwing balls threw three hole fence net,you tell me who does that if there not determined to get better,pretty unreal if you ask me,name another player from around here thats doing that stuff right now,i bet you can't name one because there's not any body working,and this is everyday.