Rio Summer Olympics

PhatMack19

I'm a big fan of the Olympics, but this is ridiculous.  The athletes shouldn't have to risk their lives in order to compete.  

These smaller countries spend billions building basically a whole city for the Olympics that last less than 3 weeks.  The venues are ghost towns once the games are over.  They need to pick 4 or 5 host and rotate between countries that can actually afford it.  

This is the hidden content, please

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Michael Phelps won his 20th Gold in the 200m Butterfly.  Oldest swimmer to win an individual swimming Gold (31).  Awesome.

the guy must have a wingspan to rival any bird.

#21 now.  

And the libs wanted the Muslim chick to carry the flag.  What a joke!

Just watched the Track 800m heats.  One American was moving up to third and the guy stiff armed him.  I know international rules are different, but I doubt that was legal.  I'd been embarrassed if our runner had done something that cheesy.  On the plus side, our guy did make the the semifinals on his speed.

53 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Phelps is slipping in his old age.  He only got a Silver Medal tonight.  

Yea, what a putz lol.  Was amazing that three tied for the silver when you're down to hundreds of a second.  That has to be a long shot.

Hope y'all got to see Ledecky in the 800m freestyle.   She set a new WR, and must have been close to 25m (half the pool) ahead of second place.  If you've ever seen a replay of Secretariat win the Belmont Stakes by 25 lengths, you get an idea.

One last winner, the opposite of Ledecky, in the women's 200m backstroke, the USA's Madeline Dirado was @ a half a length behind the favorite at the last turn and won by .06 of a second.