American Freedom 18Gold-Houston- Fall

Johnny

Looking towards the Fall and anticipating our seniors graduating we will be looking for for 2018, 2017, and possible 2019 players capable of playing at the GOLD level. A catcher, a pitcher, and utility players. Our intentions are to play in the Fireworks Super 64, PGF, or ASA Gold Nationals. Only serious inquiries please. If you have a 2017 and are looking for a new team and don't mind traveling next summer we will consider it our 2017's travel and would like to play for a National Title. 

We are looking to practice and hit more frequently in the Fall but to do this we need the players and parents on the same page, it can be done for the most part we already have that just looking to fill the spots of the departing seniors and add new dedicated families. 

If you are a pitcher or big hitter and would like an opportunity to possibly play in OKC at the ASA 18U Gold Nats. let me know over the next week or so we can get you out and take a look. If you have an an uncommitted kid and maybe hasn't been at the right place at the right time, or even maybe the right organization and you know she can play. The only thing i can ask you is what are you waiting for. Sometimes being recruited is just being at the right place at the right time but you have to be willing to put yourself in those situations. I'm not saying I'm the best coach in the world or even this is the best organization but what i can say is that American Freedom is truly about the kids and we do know a little bit about softball and how this works. 

Our recent trip to Colorado we had an organizational workout where the college coaches came out and watched us practice as an organization so our kids were being looked at before they played 1 game like i said this is about opportunities and take them when you can get them. At the end of the day this is about your kid if you feel she's up to the task and you are as well the best advice i can give is sometimes you have to step out of the box for minute. Trust me I did it and my kid was recruited out of the total blue when i least expected it but one thing we did do is we kept putting ourselves in that situation and we finally caught a break and she is talented so talent can sometimes be over looked if she don't play well at the right time. Putting them in those situations as many times possible gives them the best chance because they won't always play well not to mention people have to be constantly working for your family making sure you get those opportunities.

Johnny Lara

281-960-1507

[email protected]