House Benghazi report slams administration response to attacks

LumRaiderFan

On 6/28/2016 at 11:03 AM, nappyroots said:

Is it a coincidence on this board that everytime a white cop kills someone, the cop is innocent. But when the black cop in orange killed the guy at the auto parts store the victim was innocent. Ive been disrespected by cops and I am a tax paying citizen and a hard working family man, and furthermore if the person wasn't a cop he would have been on the receiving end of a a...whoopin. I respect cops, and all other men that respect me.

That is a mighty broad brush. I have on several occasions said that officers were wrong. In the case of Captain Robert Arnold, I said that he was legally correct  when it happened or at the very least as much as could be proven. 

The officer had the authority to make the arrest even while off duty (in fact TX law gives anyone the authority to make the same arrest) and if a guy tried to take his gun then Arnold likely had the lawful right of self defense.  I read many of the witness statements and they seemed to back up Arnold's version of the incident. The officer's race doesn't change any of that. If someone thinks the officer was wrong based on race or the dead guy's race or service as a Marine then they are hypocrites at the very least. 

18 hours ago, Big girl said:

The report said that there is nothing more that could've been done. She didn't have the time or the resources. Chris Steven's sister said he knew the situation. She doesn't blame Hiliary, she blames Congress.

What I blame Hillary Clinton for is the overt, politically motivated lie to the parents of the deceased.

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

What I blame Hillary Clinton for is the overt, politically motivated lie to the parents of the deceased.

That is it entirely. The claim of it isn't a crime is a political straw man. 

It was not about a criminal act of not sending help when the battle started. That is a judgment call of the commander in chief/president. Not having enough personnel on hand for protection of the State Department personnel and ambassador was a judgment call between the head of the State Department, Hillary Clinton and the commander in chief.

There is no law that I have ever heard of that demands the president or secretary of state act. Those, again, are judgment calls. 

The problem is not a legal duty to act but the outrageous attempt at the cover up of that failure. With the election pending, they were afraid that it was close enough that any big mistake (like Benghazi) would alter the election. Hillary even went public, cheering the arrest of the film maker and made public statements that the US government had nothing to do with the film.... that she now claims was of no consequence. She stood as the caskets were brought back, standing in front of them and claimed the attack was about a film. Susan Rice was sent forward for the weekend shows as the spokesman again stating that it was a spontaneous attack and precipitated by a film. 

Now they say that there was no such claim of a film being responsible and that they knew immediately it was a terror attack. Why the claim of the film then? Again, we all know why. It is because they tried to spin it away from blame but not a criminal act by the Obama administration and Clinton's failure to protect her people. 

Was that a crime by Hillary? Not that I can see but her supporters love to cry out, "She committed no crime!!!". In that limited issue, it is probably true. But to stick on that thought is to know that it is a straw man argument. She and other members of the administration got caught in lies to the public in order to try and hang on to an election. 

Now the erasing of the emails, running a private server, not turning over all documents including email to the government on her separation from the service and other such issues likely are crimes and with Obama in office and if Hillary succeeds him, she will never be charged. 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, new tobie said:

This is the hidden content, please

Can anyone spell HYPOCRITE 

Politifact, as usual, fails to include the whole story. Where is the link to the shameful video that Bush blamed for the attacks. Where are the families claiming Bush lied to their faces in front of their dead loved ones bodies? Where are any links showing Bush proclaiming the attacks were a direct result of a video weeks after the attacks?

And HYPOCRITE and POLITIFACT are very close to synonyms.