UCLA

5 hours ago, 77 said:

Dang I thought that was a gun free zone

I figured these gun free zones are just to keep law abiding folks from having a gun. Terrorists or whack jobs can have them, and shoot the unarmed at leisure.  Similar to a live fire exercise.   

What I can't figure out, if I know that, being an old dumb country boy, why can't liberals figure it out?  That stupid, or they just don't care who gets shot so they can pursue their efforts of total gun control?

I would like to ask this about gun free zones, background checks, carrying concealed with a license, etc., from the true believers. 

If a person is going to do a Capital Murder where he can get the death sentence in some states, life in prison in the rest and in the case or terror attacks or nut jobs, expects to either be killed at the scene or commit suicide, what law will stop that? 

Let's see..... if I carry this gun on the way to my attack, I can get 5 years in prison... maybe. More than likely it will be probation for a first offense. On the other hand, if the police do not stop me in the next five minutes as I drive to my victim's place of business, I will kill as many people as I can before the police kill me or I kill myself. 

Where is the rationale? I will not commit my planned mass slaughter because I am worried about probation or a little jail time? 

That is ludicrous. No law that says you can't carry a gun will stop an attacker that is about to violate a much worse law and not care about his consequences. 

That only thing that such laws stop is innocent people the right to defend themselves. 

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

I would like to ask this about gun free zones, background checks, carrying concealed with a license, etc., from the true believers. 

If a person is going to do a Capital Murder where he can get the death sentence in some states, life in prison in the rest and in the case or terror attacks or nut jobs, expects to either be killed at the scene or commit suicide, what law will stop that? 

Let's see..... if I carry this gun on the way to my attack, I can get 5 years in prison... maybe. More than likely it will be probation for a first offense. On the other hand, if the police do not stop me in the next five minutes as I drive to my victim's place of business, I will kill as many people as I can before the police kill me or I kill myself. 

Where is the rationale? I will not commit my planned mass slaughter because I am worried about probation or a little jail time? 

That is ludicrous. No law that says you can't carry a gun will stop an attacker that is about to violate a much worse law and not care about his consequences. 

That only thing that such laws stop is innocent people the right to defend themselves. 

You, sir, had better be glad there are a number of conservatives on this board.  Otherwise, this type of logic would not be tolerated.