Championship Week

UTfanatic

On March 12, 2016 at 2:20 PM, PhatMack19 said:

A&M never got the ball down low go Davis in OT.  Kentucky has no one that can guard him down there

The happens to often with them.  Kennedy might need to start instituting a Tyler gets a touch on every possession rule.  Because most people are going to have trouble with him on the block.  The good thing is he is going to need another year at least to really build his draft status.  And I promise you they have someone coming in who will feed him the rock. 

10 hours ago, TxHoops said:

The happens to often with them.  Kennedy might need to start instituting a Tyler gets a touch on every possession rule.  Because most people are going to have trouble with him on the block.  The good thing is he is going to need another year at least to really build his draft status.  And I promise you they have someone coming in who will feed him the rock. 

I'm not really sure about him being a great NBA player or going high in the draft.  He's a 6'10" post that plays below the rim.  Long NBA guys will give him trouble.  He does have great feet, great hands, and I would put his strength down low against anyone in the tourney.  He will be a great college player, just not really sure how that translates.

The offense has to run through him.  A&M doesn't have great shooters.  They are more of a slashing team that likes to get to the rim.  Davis got Kentucky's bigs in foul trouble early then we just quit going to him.  Getting those big guys out of the game opens it up for everyone.  Not many players in this tournament can guard Davis, but A&M has go make a point to get him the ball.  

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

I'm not really sure about him being a great NBA player or going high in the draft.  He's a 6'10" post that plays below the rim.  Long NBA guys will give him trouble.  He does have great feet, great hands, and I would put his strength down low against anyone in the tourney.  He will be a great college player, just not really sure how that translates.

The offense has to run through him.  A&M doesn't have great shooters.  They are more of a slashing team that likes to get to the rim.  Davis got Kentucky's bigs in foul trouble early then we just quit going to him.  Getting those big guys out of the game opens it up for everyone.  Not many players in this tournament can guard Davis, but A&M has go make a point to get him the ball.  

I don't think he will be a great NBA player.  But I believe he will play in the league.  Even at 6'10", that length and his basketball IQ will allow him to make a career there.  I think he should play at least 3 years at this level though.