Trump skipping debate

PhatMack19

Since I find how the majority of people vote unbelievable, I couldn't even guess.  Just from my personal perspective, it's not his finest hour, and brings numerous questions to my mind, why did he do this.  Just M. Kelly or.........

On the flip side, he is raising money for Veterans which is a big plus. It will be interesting though, how it does affect his popularity.  

47 minutes ago, baddog said:

Didn't Fox refuse to air his Miss America pageant because of his immigration comments?

Yes, Fox threw Trump out and refused to.................

In truth Fox had nothing to do with the Miss USA pageant controversy. 

Uuuuultra liberal NBC dropped the pageant and the some (or all) judges dropped out after Trump made comments about illegal aliens. Fox had nothing to do with anything other than reporting it like every other news media. 

As to tonight's debate, Trump's hard core followers will still be following him tomorrow. The only issue is how much of his support will drop by fence sitters or independent voters. I think it is a coin toss. It might hurt him badly as in maybe a 10% drop in support but with Trump, it could result in an increase by the same amount with absolutely nothing to justify it other than his rock star status, much like Obama. 

44 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Yes, Fox threw Trump out and refused to.................

In truth Fox had nothing to do with the Miss USA pageant controversy. 

Uuuuultra liberal NBC dropped the pageant and the some (or all) judges dropped out after Trump made comments about illegal aliens. Fox had nothing to do with anything other than reporting it like every other news media. 

Gee, thanks I guess.

50 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

As to tonight's debate, Trump's hard core followers will still be following him tomorrow. The only issue is how much of his support will drop by fence sitters or independent voters. I think it is a coin toss. It might hurt him badly as in maybe a 10% drop in support but with Trump, it could result in an increase by the same amount with absolutely nothing to justify it other than his rock star status, much like Obama. 

It just reminds me of when I was young and a kid wouldn't get his way so he took his ball and went home. Grow up

30 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

It just reminds me of when I was young and a kid wouldn't get his way so he took his ball and went home. Grow up

Yep, he is a whiner and a crybaby when he doesn't get his way. Apparently that is what a lot of people are looking for although we already have one in office now. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Obama but merely claims to be from the other side of the aisle. 

34 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Yep, he is a whiner and a crybaby when he doesn't get his way. Apparently that is what a lot of people are looking for although we already have one in office now. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Obama but merely claims to be from the other side of the aisle. 

I think this is spot on. When the Trump got in the presidential race I sort of liked him, but was highly skeptical of his quick flip from liberal to conservative. I then began to like him more and more as the race went on (although he was never my first choice). But over the past few months he has shown his true colors. He is a narcissistic thin-skinned crybaby that uses sophomoric childish tactics to belittle the other candidates, just like the current one occupying the White House. I have absolutely no clue as to how he is garnering so many faithful followers.

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a group of friends that were gung-ho on Trump. I asked them if they would support a candidate that would use eminent domain to take their property to give to a private company. They all started laughing and said they would never support someone like that. None of them even knew Trump is a firm believer in this tenant. They also didn't know that in the not so long ago past that Trump supported Obamacare and single payer healthcare (many of them didn't even know what single payer healthcare means). The Democrats are known for having low information voters, but apparently there's plenty of them in the Republican party also.

35 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I think this is spot on. When the Trump got in the presidential race I sort of liked him, but was highly skeptical of his quick flip from liberal to conservative. I then began to like him more and more as the race went on (although he was never my first choice). But over the past few months he has shown his true colors. He is a narcissistic thin-skinned crybaby that uses sophomoric childish tactics to belittle the other candidates, just like the current one occupying the White House. I have absolutely no clue as to how he is garnering so many faithful followers.

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to a group of friends that were gung-ho on Trump. I asked them if they would support a candidate that would use eminent domain to take their property to give to a private company. They all started laughing and said they would never support someone like that. None of them even knew Trump is a firm believer in this tenant. They also didn't know that in the not so long ago past that Trump supported Obamacare and single payer healthcare (many of them didn't even know what single payer healthcare means). The Democrats are known for having low information voters, but apparently there's plenty of them in the Republican party also.

Good info.  I'm becoming one also.  I fear if I know everything about all of them, I'd end up liking none of them lol. 

Honestly, haven't missed a presidential vote in 48 years, and Good Lord willing, Nov I'll do it again.  Got several ahead of Trump, but alas, I'll vote Rep whoever.  Here's my criteria for picking which one, other than what little sense I have left.  Just watch who the mainstream media goes after.  If a conservative has a chance to win, they will find or manufacture all kind of crap to discredit him/her.  They want a moderate, to deter conservatives from voting.  It's worked the last 8 years.  

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

With Trump and his own bank roll does he have any major contributors to his campaign?  THe one plus with Trump in my opinion is that he has his own money and does not need to please major contributors.....like most politicians.

Correct me if I am wrong?

That is definitely a plus with Trump. In fact, that was a key issue for me in giving him a look. But his policy on eminent domain is a deal-breaker for me. I'm also highly skeptical of many of his other policies, and I can't stand his childish antics.

I think him skipping the debate is a political play, and a smart one. He probably doesn't care about the woman who moderates the stupid thing, but it works as a convenient excuse. Think about it, he's already leading in the polls, so the negatives of a bad debate far outweigh the potential positives of a good one. Now he doesn't have to worry about making some gaffe that hurts him campaign, and he gets to cast himself as a guy who is outside the republican establishment by snubbing fox news. Pretty smart really. 

19 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Trump was planted by Hillary to wipe out all the competition. (joke) The media overplaying on emotions has led us to Trump Sanders fever. 

I think you nailed it Pam.  Imo the media leads the majority of voters right where they want them.  Dem's and Repub's 

7 hours ago, gohornets23 said:

I think him skipping the debate is a political play, and a smart one. He probably doesn't care about the woman who moderates the stupid thing, but it works as a convenient excuse. Think about it, he's already leading in the polls, so the negatives of a bad debate far outweigh the potential positives of a good one. Now he doesn't have to worry about making some gaffe that hurts him campaign, and he gets to cast himself as a guy who is outside the republican establishment by snubbing fox news. Pretty smart really. 

Well here's my "Monday Morning QB" analysis, and you're spot on GH23.  By skipping the debate, it left Cruz to be everyone's target.  This reaffirms my doubts as to the collective intelligence of most of them.  Trump is leading.  He's not there.  Attack Cruz.  Maybe I'm just crazy, but if I'm in the debate, and I'm going after a Rep, it's Trump.  I've tried to not like Rubio, but he goes after Sanders & Hillery.  Despite myself, he's moving up on my list.  Again, smart move by Donald thanks to the stage full of dubious intelligent people.  Durn, since I'm so smart maybe I should run :)