If the 21-5A vs 22-5A playoffs started today...

Halfway thru the district seasons, here would be the Bidistrict match ups:

1 Ozen vs 4 Dayton or Kingwood Park

2 Central vs 3 Humble

3 Lumberton vs 2 Barbers Hill

4 Baytown Lee vs 1 Crosby

Lots of key games left to play in the 2nd round of district play, and will be an interesting race in both 21-5A and 22-5A, with solid districts!

I wouldn't say that for the 22-5A race as next week will be huge with Lumberton clashing with each Beaumont team, not to mention that Ozen and Central still have a rematch left the following week.   Top 3 spots in 22-5A is far from settled.

Also both Baytown schools are in competition for the 4th spot.

6 hours ago, MHSBulldogs said:

I wouldn't say that for the 22-5A race as next week will be huge with Lumberton clashing with each Beaumont team, not to mention that Ozen and Central still have a rematch left the following week.   Top 3 spots in 22-5A is far from settled.

Also both Baytown schools are in competition for the 4th spot.

There may very well be a "good win" here or there in 22-5A resulting in a change.  I merely opined there won't be "much" of a change - primarily based on what I know about each team's performance up to this point in the season.  

Yes, next week will be huge with Lumberton clashing with each Beaumont team. Honestly, I didn't give the positioning of the teams in 22-5A significant thought, but allowed my familiarity with each team's style of play to aid in formulating my opinion.  This season, Lumberton has frequently scored in the 60's & 70's; multiple times in the 80's; and a few times in the 90's.  However, to my knowledge, Ozen and Central are the only teams that have defended Lumberton and kept them in the 30's at the conclusion of the game.  

In regards to Ozen and Central still having a rematch left, even if Central wins...it's possible the top two spots will remain the same, via tie-breaker resolution.  I maintain my opinion that the "top 3 spots in 22-5A" will consist of Ozen, Central, and Lumberton; and, as you indicated above, the third place team playing Barbers Hill.  Of course, anything can happen.