Old Coach Class 5A Realignment Projection

AggiesAreWe

I want to know what the deal is why they don't put Barbers Hill in 22-5A. It's the next closest school as for as travel. They keep putting teams from farther away that we have to leap frog Barbers Hill to get to. It just doesn't make sense. But then again when has the UIL made sense. Is Barbers Hill scared to come to 22-5A and they have enough money to pay not to be put in our district? Maybe they're not but they managed to stay out the last several realignments and that's the only reason I can see that makes sense to me.

28 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

I want to know what the deal is why they don't put Barbers Hill in 22-5A. It's the next closest school as for as travel. They keep putting teams from farther away that we have to leap frog Barbers Hill to get to. It just doesn't make sense. But then again when has the UIL made sense. Is Barbers Hill scared to come to 22-5A and they have enough money to pay not to be put in our district? Maybe they're not but they managed to stay out the last several realignments and that's the only reason I can see that makes sense to me.

They have a UIL member on  their school board.

It really doesn't matter who comes to 22-5A, IMO. BH, Nac, Dayton, nobody. You're either gonna beat them or not. Schools with 1200 kids have very little to no chance of beating a 1900 student team when you get to playoffs anyway. The smallest enrollment in 5A-DII championship game was 1800; probably 50+ seniors suited out. I use my WOS/Vidor analogy: merge us, we have less than 2000 kids and we kick butt. VOS  baby!!!  

41 minutes ago, robanadana said:

It really doesn't matter who comes to 22-5A, IMO. BH, Nac, Dayton, nobody. You're either gonna beat them or not. Schools with 1200 kids have very little to no chance of beating a 1900 student team when you get to playoffs anyway. The smallest enrollment in 5A-DII championship game was 1800; probably 50+ seniors suited out. I use my WOS/Vidor analogy: merge us, we have less than 2000 kids and we kick butt. VOS  baby!!!  

Robanadana is spot on with this.  I seriously doubt that any school is "scared" to come into 22-5A.  They will line up and take their chances.  My question is a bit opposite of one asked earlier which is, why the eagerness to have either Dayton or the Hill join 22-5A?  If the UIL manages to keep Nacogdoches to the North and Lee, Dayton and Barbers Hill to the west, the longest trip in 22-5A (or whatever the district is named after the realignment), the longest jaunt for a district game will be from Port Arthur to Lumberton.  I think that would make A NUMBER of AD's, as well as fans, very happy!

It would be great if it wound up being the schools on the projection sheet. That would be the most sensible way to do it. But what I am saying is UIL always seems to think they have to throw one more team in our district and it is always someone farther away then BH. Barbers Hill makes the most sense if they think they need to make 22-5A an 8 team district but they refuse to put them in.

4 hours ago, Coach85 said:

oh waaa!

6 hours ago, Coach85 said:

It would be great if it wound up being the schools on the projection sheet. That would be the most sensible way to do it. But what I am saying is UIL always seems to think they have to throw one more team in our district and it is always someone farther away then BH. Barbers Hill makes the most sense if they think they need to make 22-5A an 8 team district but they refuse to put them in.

You know I would love for BH to be in 22-5a since we know alot of ya'll at PNG and Ned. It would be fun times. Our Sup use to work for UIL, but I don't if he has pull anymore. Either way, I think BH is the swing school and end up in any of 3 districts because of location. We will see next month.

On 1/8/2016 at 3:33 PM, TradenupBH said:

my prediction is:

19-5a- Nac, Huntsville, Willis, Magnolia, Magnolia West, Tomball, Tomball Memorial, Waller

21-5A- Splendora, Crosby, Dayton, Caney Creek, New Caney, Porter, KWP, Humble

22-5A- PNG, Central, Ozen, Ned, PAM, Vidor, Lumberton

23-5A- Texas City, G Ball, Santa Fe, Manvel, Angleton, Baytown Lee, Galena Park

BH will go either 22-5A or 23-5A

Splendora and Caney Creek are 8 minutes from each other. I don't see them in different districts. Another reason I see BH going 22 or 23-5a.

9 hours ago, robanadana said:

Need a culture change first from both communities. But, I would love love love to see that. V-OS !!!!! Make it happen.

A remember the Titan type of situation. LOL

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:17 PM, TradenupBH said:

Splendora and Caney Creek are 8 minutes from each other. I don't see them in different districts. Another reason I see BH going 22 or 23-5a.

Splendora's nearest neighbor is New Caney, both town and school wise. Plus, Splendora High School is only 8 miles from Texan Drive stadium where they would actually play the games. It's over 20 miles for them to Moorehead where Caney Creek plays.  It just wouldn't make a lot of sense to drive an hour to play Caney Creek when Splendora is 30 mins up the road.

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Splendora's nearest neighbor is New Caney, both town and school wise. Plus, Splendora High School is only 8 miles from Texan Drive stadium where they would actually play the games. It's over 20 miles for them to Moorehead where Caney Creek plays.  It just wouldn't make a lot of sense to drive an hour to play Caney Creek when Splendora is 30 mins up the road.

That's what I'm saying. I think Splendora and Caney Creek both come to 21-5a. That would force someone out and I think it would be BH since we are the most southern school. That's the reason I think we go 22-5a or 23-5a. It only makes sense, but the UIL never makes sense so who knows?

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

For football that is correct, would have to drive to Moorhead for Caney Creek home games.(about a 40 minute bus ride from New Caney High) But for all other sports they play at their high school which is about a 15 minute drive from New Caney High and 10 minutes from Splendora High. I really think Splendora and Caney Creek will be in the same district as New Caney and Porter.

50 minutes ago, liltex said:

21-5a dist enrollment growth numbers will soon have UIL gurus scratching heads,Gal Park=close to 6a numbers,Cleveland close to 5a numbers w/Humble/New Caney building 2 more high schools=(split up current enrollment some)So I belive logic=2 schools gotta go elsewhere.

I think that won't happen till next realignment. UIL will have to way up on numbers or split 5A and 6A like the lower classes because there is going to be stleast a dozen schools or more new to 5A in Houston area. Example is Montgomrry new HS opens 2018, which put both HS in 5A.

On Friday, January 08, 2016 at 3:14 PM, TradenupBH said:

23-5A is screwing everything up. I thought about if BH had to go into that district. Talk about a welcome party for the new coach. That district is going to be rough. I don't see UIL putting less then 8 teams per district. Old Coach predictions has like 6 and 7 team districts. Don't see UIL doing that.

How is 23-5a screwing anything up

2 hours ago, cowboysfan88 said:

How is 23-5a screwing anything up

Because from current realignment, 23-5A will have Texas City. Galveston Ball, Santa Fe, and Angleton. They are pulling other teams to fill the voids of teams moving up. This has a trickle down effect causing Baytown Lee to move from 22-5a and Galena Park to move from 21-5a. And there's the possibilty of BH being moved from 21-5a as well. That's what I meant. UIL won't have a district with 4 teams, therefor someone is getting screwed with more travel.

4 hours ago, cowboysfan88 said:

Well if anything 23 5a has been getting screwed traveling to all the Fb district  and even before that traveling to Baytown and galena park 

ummm, I'm not saying it's the schools in the district fault. I'm just saying the loss of teams in that district is screwing up other districts for this realignment. It's going to be ok, it was an observation.

17 hours ago, cowboysfan88 said:

Well if anything 23 5a has been getting screwed traveling to all the Fb district  and even before that traveling to Baytown and galena park 

22 5a had to travel all the way to for 4 years to Livingston. And then past 2 years to Baytown. They could have reworked all of it to help the kids out on those Tuesday nights