Old Coach Class 5A Realignment Projection

AggiesAreWe

Baytown Lee in 23 5A. Thats less travel then 22 5A but talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire. Manvel, Angleton, Texas City. At least Santa Fe and Galena Park would give them some chance at winning. I hope they wind up in 21 5A, it makes more sense geogrphically and it's always more exciting to play against your neighbors and develop rivalries. They would be an outsider in dist. 23 just like they are in dist. 22.

I think you would probably switch Splendora and Caney Creek in that scenario. I hope the UIL doesn't do PLC like that again either, they should be allowed to go back to region 4 IMO. Those bi-district matchups between districts 17 & 18 would be ridiculous.

It takes away the neighboring games but it does make sense for GP and Lee to play with the Galveston and Brazoria schools if that's how it goes. 

I think it may look like this.

21 5A - Nacogdoches, Splendora, New Caney, Porter, Caney Creek, KPark, Humble, Crosby.

22 5A - PNG, Central, Ozen, PA Memorial, Nederland, Vidor, Lumberton, Dayton

23 5A - TX City, Galveston Ball, Santa Fe, Manvel, Angleton, Baytown Lee, Galena Park, Barbers Hill

19 5A - Huntsville, Willis, Magnolia, Magnolia West, Tomball, Tomball Memorial, Waller, Brenham

17 5A - Temple, Waco, Waco University, Bryan, A&M Consolidated, College Station, Bryan Rudder

32 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

I think it may look like this.

21 5A - Nacogdoches, Splendora, New Caney, Porter, Caney Creek, KPark, Humble, Crosby.

22 5A - PNG, Central, Ozen, PA Memorial, Nederland, Vidor, Lumberton, Dayton

23 5A - TX City, Galveston Ball, Santa Fe, Manvel, Angleton, Baytown Lee, Galena Park, Barbers Hill

19 5A - Huntsville, Willis, Magnolia, Magnolia West, Tomball, Tomball Memorial, Waller, Brenham

17 5A - Temple, Waco, Waco University, Bryan, A&M Consolidated, College Station, Bryan Rudder

Kinda far from Crosby to Nacodoches... That's 131 miles.... 

1 minute ago, John Blutarsky said:

Has Dayton, Crosby, and BH ever been split up into three districts like that?

No. Dayton will always be with one or the other from here on out, if not both.

23-5A is screwing everything up. I thought about if BH had to go into that district. Talk about a welcome party for the new coach. That district is going to be rough. I don't see UIL putting less then 8 teams per district. Old Coach predictions has like 6 and 7 team districts. Don't see UIL doing that.

my prediction is:

19-5a- Nac, Huntsville, Willis, Magnolia, Magnolia West, Tomball, Tomball Memorial, Waller

21-5A- Splendora, Crosby, Dayton, Caney Creek, New Caney, Porter, KWP, Humble

22-5A- PNG, Central, Ozen, Ned, PAM, Vidor, Lumberton

23-5A- Texas City, G Ball, Santa Fe, Manvel, Angleton, Baytown Lee, Galena Park

BH will go either 22-5A or 23-5A

58 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

my prediction is:

19-5a- Nac, Huntsville, Willis, Magnolia, Magnolia West, Tomball, Tomball Memorial, Waller

21-5A- Splendora, Crosby, Dayton, Caney Creek, New Caney, Porter, KWP, Humble

22-5A- PNG, Central, Ozen, Ned, PAM, Vidor, Lumberton

23-5A- Texas City, G Ball, Santa Fe, Manvel, Angleton, Baytown Lee, Galena Park

BH will go either 22-5A or 23-5A

Where you got Brenham? You think they will be in College station district but Waller will not?

38 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby already takes charter buses to some of our playoff games. We probably would take a charter to East Tex too. 

Maybe if we win some more we can get some donated to take to every game. 

Daytons tradition is to ride in the big yellow busses. True story. Ask anyone.. Even when they went to state. Its a pride thing with them.. 

4 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

23-5A is screwing everything up. I thought about if BH had to go into that district. Talk about a welcome party for the new coach. That district is going to be rough. I don't see UIL putting less then 8 teams per district. Old Coach predictions has like 6 and 7 team districts. Don't see UIL doing that.

The way Stepp has it it's one 9 team district, four 8 team districts and three 7 team districts. 

I think they could go 19-5A: Willis, Caney Creek, Huntsville, Magnolia, Magnolia West, Waller, Tomball, Tomball Memorial

21-5A: Crosby, Dayton, Barbers Hill, Humble, K-Park, Splendora, New Caney, Porter

22-5A: Nederland, PNG, Ozen, Central, Lumberton, PAM, Vidor, Nacogdoches

Keep all the other districts the same. Makes six 8 team districts and two 7 team districts. 

Switching Caney Creek and Splendora saves on travel for both schools. Nac's travel is equally bad for all three region 3 possibilities so why not let them play with other East Texas schools? 

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The way Stepp has it it's one 9 team district, four 8 team districts and three 7 team districts. 

I think they could go 19-5A: Willis, Caney Creek, Huntsville, Magnolia, Magnolia West, Waller, Tomball, Tomball Memorial

21-5A: Crosby, Dayton, Barbers Hill, Humble, K-Park, Splendora, New Caney, Porter

22-5A: Nederland, PNG, Ozen, Central, Lumberton, PAM, Vidor, Nacogdoches

Keep all the other districts the same. Makes six 8 team districts and two 7 team districts. 

Switching Caney Creek and Splendora saves on travel for both schools. Nac's travel is equally bad for all three region 3 possibilities so why not let them play with other East Texas schools? 

If they put Nacoroaches in 22-5a I will have a few choice words for the UIL.