Final

Beaumont West Brook         74

Fallbrook JV                         49

This is today's schedule of games:

Washington-Marion vs. Houston Kashmere           8am

Hardin-Jefferson vs. Fallbrook JV                         9:30am

Beaumont Kelly vs. PA Memorial                         11am

Beaumont Ozen vs. Beaumont West Brook         12:30am

Wash-Marion/Kashmere loser vs. HJ/Fallbrook loser       2pm          7th place game

Wash-Marion/Kashmere winner vs. HJ/Fallbrook winner  3:30pm   Consolation championship

Kelly/Memorial loser vs. Ozen/WB loser                           5pm         3rd place game

Kelly/Memorial winner vs. Ozen/WB winner                     6:30pm    Championship game

I get it and have gotten it from the beginning.  You're looking at it from a tournament committee standpoint.  But your not part of the committee.  Your a fan.  And Ozen fan.  So the mentality should be beat the next team, which Ozen has proven game after game after game they can do.  Ozen is a good team, they always are, so, imo, there is no reason whatsoever that gripes or whining should come from any Ozen supporter.  Look across town.  No Central fan has EVER complained about a tough bracket.  There was a situation a few years ago whwere a gripe about the bracket was probably warranted.  You remember they paired Central with the Dallas Kimball team when they were supposed to play that San Antonio area team in the state simis..  

THANK YOU!   Exactly.  The complaining is a "fan thing."  Or at least should be.  I haven't talked to Clay Davis but I would think he was glad to get to play an Ozen team to get his kids on the court with the type of speed they will face when they play Silsbee.  Most coaches I know don't really care about holiday tournament trophies.  The goal is to get your team prepared for district and hopefully the playoffs.  You do that by getting the best matchups you can find.  

As far as the Gamble this year, from the "fan aspect," I get some complaints about the HJ-Ozen game in the first round.  But to be fair, overall, they did a much better job evening out the bracket.  If PAM had wanted to make its path the easiest, they would have put the Kelly-Marion game in the bottom half of the bracket and the WB-Fall Brook B game in the top half.   

Proof in fact that no matter what you do, always going to be some complaining...

We interrupt this riveting discussion about who has had tough brackets, who has not and whatever difference it makes to provide an actual scoring update from this morning:

Hardin-Jefferson 40, Houston Fallbrook 36

My apologies for the interruption, now back to your regularly scheduled quarreling.

Not sure who is complaining ive said from the jump Ozen would beat just about any team you put in fromt of them. But i have a problem when the ppl doing the tournaments make high caliber teams play each other first when the field is weak. Would you pay to see a second rd game or champ game with a mediocre team in it...nope just think a matchup of duke vs kentucky or kentucky vs nicholls st thats a no brainer. So these fans your talking about i havent heard one of them say anything close to it...one of two saying aomething doesnt represent the entire Panther fan base. So Ozen skip these bs tournaments and go play some heat . 

We interrupt this riveting discussion about who has had tough brackets, who has not and whatever difference it makes to provide an actual scoring update from this morning:

Hardin-Jefferson 40, Houston Fallbrook 36

My apologies for the interruption, now back to your regularly scheduled quarreling.

Is that a final?

Anyone get a final score for W-M/Kashmere?

Great game i assume for both. Half of the plot is completed should Ozen defeat their crosstown rival Westbrook for the second time this year PA Memorial will get a third shot at Ozen. No rocket science is needed to diagnose script. Not a whining disgruntled fan here just an old school observer. A high school basketball game controlled by adults seeking a favorable outcome by sometimes deceptive means. It's just a game,good luck to all teams the rest of this tournament. jmo......... 

This is the hidden content, please

FINAL:

39, Kelly 37. Kelly coaches contest there was time left after made bucket and timeout.

It was after a Kelly made basket with 1.3 seconds left that cut the score to 39-37. Now we would have had to force a 5 second count or turnover and then score again...which would have been highly unlikely. One ref said 1.3 seconds and another waived it off and called the game. Congrats to Memorial. They made the plays when it counted and we didnt. 

THANK YOU!   Exactly.  The complaining is a "fan thing."  Or at least should be.  I haven't talked to Clay Davis but I would think he was glad to get to play an Ozen team to get his kids on the court with the type of speed they will face when they play Silsbee.  Most coaches I know don't really care about holiday tournament trophies.  The goal is to get your team prepared for district and hopefully the playoffs.  You do that by getting the best matchups you can find.  

As far as the Gamble this year, from the "fan aspect," I get some complaints about the HJ-Ozen game in the first round.  But to be fair, overall, they did a much better job evening out the bracket.  If PAM had wanted to make its path the easiest, they would have put the Kelly-Marion game in the bottom half of the bracket and the WB-Fall Brook B game in the top half.   

Proof in fact that no matter what you do, always going to be some complaining...

thats why I say replace Ozen and put someone else in, problem solved.