JAMES GAMBLE CLASSIC/POST UPDATES HERE!

WOSgrad

Here's where the mental toughness comes into play in the (Trap game)/(Late game) tomorrow @12:30 Ozen vs Westbrook.They shouldnt sleep on Westbrook their crosstown rival and end up in a dog fight to the end or worse. It is what it is lace up and play...... 

What was the WB/Fallbrook final?

Here's where the mental toughness comes into play in the (Trap game)/(Late game) tomorrow @12:30 Ozen vs Westbrook.They shouldnt sleep on Westbrook their crosstown rival and end up in a dog fight to the end or worse. It is what it is lace up and play...... 

Not really a trap game...  Because More than likely, Ozen will play Memorial.  Ozen know they will beat Memorial. 

Edited by BMTSoulja1

i got Kelly vs Ozen. 

I would agree.  Memorial continues to improve though.  Really like what I have seen so far.  Young team but play with a LOT of energy.  Kelly-Memorial game tomorrow should be a very good one.  Ozen cake walks this one though.  

Back to what Mamba said earlier (and advance apologies if I'm incorrect), Ozen probably could have gotten better work in elsewhere this week.  I admire the loyalty of supporting tournaments you've always played in but I couldn't help but think Central is getting battle tested over in Aldine which is very valuable.  Hopefully a West Brook/Memorial/Kelly will step up and give them a game tomorrow.  But based on today, Ozen is head and shoulders above the other 7 playing in this one.  

I would agree.  Memorial continues to improve though.  Really like what I have seen so far.  Young team but play with a LOT of energy.  Kelly-Memorial game tomorrow should be a very good one.  Ozen cake walks this one though.  

Back to what Mamba said earlier (and advance apologies if I'm incorrect), Ozen probably could have gotten better work in elsewhere this week.  I admire the loyalty of supporting tournaments you've always played in but I couldn't help but think Central is getting battle tested over in Aldine which is very valuable.  Hopefully a West Brook/Memorial/Kelly will step up and give them a game tomorrow.  But based on today, Ozen is head and shoulders above the other 7 playing in this one.  

i totally agree. Especially in bold. 

But wasn't Ozen in the tough bracket?

I know this is all tongue in cheek (mostly), but if anyone were to complain about the Panthers' bracket in this one, it would be like Silsbee complaining about being in the tough bracket while playing in a Sabine Pass tournament (no disrespect to the much improved Sharks' team intended).  There are some very good teams playing in the Gamble but certainly no top 10-type 5A teams (which Ozen looks every bit the part of right now).  

You guys just dont get it do you. If your setting up a tournament especially when its only 8 dang on teams balance it out. Is it hard to understand, why in the hell would you make Hardin Jefferson play Ozen first. Wouldnt that be a better second round matchup for ppl to see. WB vs HJ wouldve been a better game with Hj probably winning setting up the 2nd rd game with Ozen. Lets get it straight no complaints from me on whoever they play but i understand value of games jn tournaments tell me if the gym is packed for the WB vs Ozen game maybe so because Kelly vs Memorial will be a good one. But thats the only reason. Ozen isnt scared to play anybody get it righti just state the obvious. Our local tournaments need to be balanced we dont have the luxury of having teams like they do im houston or dallas tournaments where every team is a good draw. hope you understand now what ive been saying.

I know this is all tongue in cheek (mostly), but if anyone were to complain about the Panthers' bracket in this one, it would be like Silsbee complaining about being in the tough bracket while playing in a Sabine Pass tournament (no disrespect to the much improved Sharks' team intended).  There are some very good teams playing in the Gamble but certainly no top 10-type 5A teams (which Ozen looks every bit the part of right now).  

other folks dont understand that. 

You guys just dont get it do you. If your setting up a tournament especially when its only 8 dang on teams balance it out. Is it hard to understand, why in the hell would you make Hardin Jefferson play Ozen first. Wouldnt that be a better second round matchup for ppl to see. WB vs HJ wouldve been a better game with Hj probably winning setting up the 2nd rd game with Ozen. Lets get it straight no complaints from me on whoever they play but i understand value of games jn tournaments tell me if the gym is packed for the WB vs Ozen game maybe so because Kelly vs Memorial will be a good one. But thats the only reason. Ozen isnt scared to play anybody get it righti just state the obvious. Our local tournaments need to be balanced we dont have the luxury of having teams like they do im houston or dallas tournaments where every team is a good draw. hope you understand now what ive been saying.

I get it and have gotten it from the beginning.  You're looking at it from a tournament committee standpoint.  But your not part of the committee.  Your a fan.  And Ozen fan.  So the mentality should be beat the next team, which Ozen has proven game after game after game they can do.  Ozen is a good team, they always are, so, imo, there is no reason whatsoever that gripes or whining should come from any Ozen supporter.  Look across town.  No Central fan has EVER complained about a tough bracket.  There was a situation a few years ago whwere a gripe about the bracket was probably warranted.  You remember they paired Central with the Dallas Kimball team when they were supposed to play that San Antonio area team in the state simis..