Hardin-Jefferson 103, West Orange-Stark 59/Final

Fouls had little to nothing to do with the outcome.  WO substituted lots of players and did so frequently.

Totally agree.

I had no problem with the fouls called on WO-S. From what I saw watching the live video stream, those 27 foul calls were legit. IMO, probably should have been 3-4 more. My posting of the foul count had to do with the fact that HJ only had 3 fouls called in first half. From what I saw, there should have been more called in 1st half. 2nd half looked fair in how it was called. I just found it odd that HJ was only called for 3 fouls the entire first half. I consider those three officials to be three of the best in our area and arguably in our entire region. Just was a bit surprised that the foul count was that one sided being that HJ was just as aggressive defensively as WO-S was in first half.

With that said, this had nothing to do with outcome. You could have reversed the foul count in first half and HJ still leads by 20 and wins the game by 35 or more. Was just something I found strange to this particular game.

Totally agree.

I had no problem with the fouls called on WO-S. From what I saw watching the live video stream, those 27 foul calls were legit. IMO, probably should have been 3-4 more. My posting of the foul count had to do with the fact that HJ only had 3 fouls called in first half. From what I saw, there should have been more called in 1st half. 2nd half looked fair in how it was called. I just found it odd that HJ was only called for 3 fouls the entire first half. I consider those three officials to be three of the best in our area and arguably in our entire region. Just was a bit surprised that the foul count was that one sided being that HJ was just as aggressive defensively as WO-S was in first half.

With that said, this had nothing to do with outcome. You could have reversed the foul count in first half and HJ still leads by 20 and wins the game by 35 or more. Was just something I found strange to this particular game.

how was the guard play of WOS? I know they had great guard play in the past with Earl, Rutledge and my baby cousin Marquest. 

Totally agree.

I have to respectfully disagree there.       An aggressive man to man that includes a number of players fresh from football, is considerably more foul prone than a fairly polished zone defense played by kids who have played together for a very long time.  I understand your curiosity, though.  Similar to mine when D.C. played an entire game against HJ and never had a foul called on him.

I have to respectfully disagree there.       An aggressive man to man that includes a number of players fresh from football, is considerably more foul prone than a fairly polished zone defense played by kids who have played together for a very long time.  I understand your curiosity, though.  Similar to mine when D.C. played an entire game against HJ and never had a foul called on him.

I found that to be odd as well. But to be accurate, he did have a foul called on him late. In fact he ended with 2 fouls but both came with only 2 minutes left in game.

I understand your point on how the difference was in the style and how the defenses were played in this game. But just going by video, I am certain HJ fouled more that 3 times in first half. But again, it would not have mattered one bit.

I found that to be odd as well. But to be accurate, he did have a foul called on him late. In fact he ended with 2 fouls but both came with only 2 minutes left in game.

I understand your point on how the difference was in the style and how the defenses were played in this game. But just going by video, I am certain HJ fouled more that 3 times in first half. But again, it would not have mattered one bit.

I'm sure HJ had a few more fouls that got by, but I am also just as sure that WOS could have been called for more as well. Like Nash said, different styles of play and basketball shape vs football shape plays a part. 

I wacth this game and wasn't very impresse with ether team really compared to some of the teams that Silsbee has faced this year.I will say #25 for H.J can shoot the 3 ball and make layups but don't get me wrong H.J. always has a good solid team and will beat everone in district except Silsbee... H.J. as you can see was the better team today . 

I have seen teams this year that Silsbee has beat like F.B. Austin & Harlingen Hights & Lufkin & Central  that H.J. Would not beat..lol My opinion is that Silsbee is on a hole other level than what's in our district. Most will see this after the Whataburger Classic when Silsbee I believe will  Destroy Argyle again the #2 state rank 4A team . The same team we beat by 33 points last year in this same tournament witch Silsbee will be def there Championship win from last year. Ow and like I" said just my opinion.! GO Silsbee Tigers :) 

I wacth this game and wasn't very impresse with ether team really compared to some of the teams that Silsbee has faced this year.I will say #25 for H.J can shoot the 3 ball and make layups but don't get me wrong H.J. always has a good solid team and will beat everone in district except Silsbee... H.J. as you can see was the better team today . 

I have seen teams this year that Silsbee has beat like F.B. Austin & Harlingen Hights & Lufkin & Central  that H.J. Would not beat..lol My opinion is that Silsbee is on a hole other level than what's in our district. Most will see this after the Whataburger Classic when Silsbee I believe will  Destroy Argyle again the #2 state rank 4A team . The same team we beat by 33 points last year in this same tournament witch Silsbee will be def there Championship win from last year. Ow and like I" said just my opinion.! GO Silsbee Tigers :) 

everyone clearly understands HJ stands no chance against silsbee. Next topic.