West Orange-Stark (12-1) vs Bellville (11-2) State Quarterfinals

Goblin

Bellvile Scouting Report.

OFFENSE

Runs the Slot T/Wings T with the help of 2 RB's #23 & 24 both over 1000yds. #23 is the speed back and #24 is the power back. O- line have good size and does a great job of getting off blocks and getting to the 2nd Level. #3 QB doesn't run much he like to give the ball to the RBs.  Bellville does threw out the slot t/wing t more then what I've seen out of teams that runs the slot t/wing t. 

DEFENSE

Bellville does a lot of different things and run multiple sets on defense. During pre-snap alignment the d-line does a lot of movement to try to make the O-Line jump. #9 the MLB walks to the line and clap his hand and all the movement starts to take place. D-Line does a great job of firing off the football and have good size. LB #9 looks to be the stud and leader of the D. CB plays about 8-10yards off the ball and likes to keep everything in front of them and does a great job of tackleing. Bellville runs a lot of Cover 2 & 3, but they do run man some. Its like a chess match with Bellville.  reason I'm saying that is that they blitz when they feel as if its a run. Bellville defense is very discipline.

Bellville isn't athletic as WOS and WOS overall speed will give them fits on both sides of the ball. We all know how WOS farwells against slot t/ wing t teams. WOS O line is going to have to be discipline and don't jump while Bellville does all its movement during there are presnap alignment. JD3 will have to read the defense and maket he right reads. If he's does that, THE PYP CREW going to have a field day. He will be able to play pitch and catch with them. If the Chain Gang  Plays LIGHTS OUT like the past month, and force Bellville to punt on the regular while the offense putting up points WOS WINS by 21+

Note:

This game will be won in the trenches. If the O line continues to play like they been playing, opening holes for the RBs and protecting JD3 its gonna be a long sad ride home for Bellville. 

Edited by Kj Dad

I am a little concerned about the amount of times we go for 2 points after TD's. I know our kicking game have never been a strong point, just concerned. Either go for 2 points every time which we seem to convert more than 70% of the time or just recruit a good kicker like other schools recruit good players. JMHO

I am a little concerned about the amount of times we go for 2 points after TD's. I know our kicking game have never been a strong point, just concerned. Either go for 2 points every time which we seem to convert more than 70% of the time or just recruit a good kicker like other schools recruit good players. JMHO

Hancock was 3/4 on extra points against Caldwell. WOS have 3fg kickers with that being #3 #27 and #38. To me 3 and 27 are the better ones. CT and Staff been following a plan and to this point looks as if its starting to come together

The WOS Staff and Players mind set have been the same since the lost to Gilmer in the SC. Returning back to the SC Game to finish the business they left there last year by not playing a full 48 minutes of football and taking one game and practice at a time.  Also they have a few kids on this team lost in the Baseball SC Game as well. Just getting to be around the kids, there mind set is like non other. There so FOCUS at the task at hand.

That RF beat down woke up the Sleeping Giant and made the players feel like they let each other (Brother) down by not executing there assignment's and winning the ball game. 

Edited by Kj Dad

I don't know if HF's defense played awesome against Bellville or if Bellville's offense is just not that good. Bellville did put up 37 points against Giddings Friday. But against HF, Bellville got their first 1st down with 55 seconds left before halftime, when HF dropped into a prevent defense. Their only scores came on two long runs. (The other TD came on a fumbled punt recovered in the endzone.) Bellville did attempt more passes than most Slot T teams, but that's probably because they couldn't run on HF at all. HF did pick off 3 of their passes. Bellville's defense was able to stop HF's offense, but Kendrick King was hurt. By the 4th quarter King was having trouble just walking to the huddle. HF had a 1st and goal on Bellville's 4yd line with two minutes left in the game, down 21-19. Bellville was able to block a short field goal attempt to preserve the win. IMO, with a healthy King HF would have absolutely without the slightest doubt won this game. I see WOS having little trouble beating Bellville. Tell the 2nd team and JV to tighten the chin straps, they should get plenty of 2nd half action.

Edited by Englebert

Thanks for the breakdown KJ dad , always enjoy your analysis. Spot on. I look for Bellville to do what got them there, but I believe they are well aware of how many Slot/Wing T teams we see, and control . They will try some new wrinkles, razzle dazzle which usually does not fool the chain gang. We play good solid defense and keep them in front of the Safety's, gonna be a long night for the Brahma's .

Focus, Focus , Focus on the task at hand.

The WOS Staff and Players mind set have been the same since the lost to Gilmer in the SC. Returning back to the SC Game to finish the business they left there last year by not playing a full 48 minutes of football and taking one game and practice at a time.  Also they have a few kids on this team lost in the Baseball SC Game as well. Just getting to be around the kids, there mind set is like non other. There so FOCUS at the task at hand.

That RF beat down woke up the Sleeping Giant and made the players feel like they let each other (Brother) down by not executing there assignment's and winning the ball game. 

wasnt their fault, RF was just bigger literally, I would think the Gilmer 1st round playoff game outcome woke them up, I'd hate to be Gilmer if that SC rematch happens, it wont be a good day to be a Suckeye.…err... I mean Buckeye

wasnt their fault, RF was just bigger literally, I would think the Gilmer 1st round playoff game outcome woke them up, I'd hate to be Gilmer if that SC rematch happens, it wont be a good day to be a Suckeye.…err... I mean Buckeye

BG tbh I was praying for my son and the team just make it out this game injury free against RF. It reminded me of a game they played in Pop Warner the game b4 making it to Nationals. The lost to a Team name College Station Raiders when the physically man handle them. An after talking with some of the kids they said the samething.  An that score was 42-7.

Edited by Kj Dad

Right BG, One can say when asked the question “where’s the beef “we all know is on RF team lol. The score was big against that border line 6A team, but we learned a valuable lesson like Kj Dad said. Hey by the way sorry to hear about those RED MUSTANGs from Sweetwater losing, but you can always count on BIG BLUE. (smiling). WE are MUSTANGS!

2nd shot youve taken but thats OK Mr Buddy. Hell we still have Atlanta and Celina to worry about. Good luck to the Mustangs although you haven't seemed to need any. The championship game will be much different whether it's Gilmer or Celina. Doesn't mean I'm pulling against y'all. Just saying there not all gonn be as easy as you've had so far.

Right BG, One can say when asked the question “where’s the beef “we all know is on RF team lol. The score was big against that border line 6A team, but we learned a valuable lesson like Kj Dad said. Hey by the way sorry to hear about those RED MUSTANGs from Sweetwater losing, but you can always count on BIG BLUE. (smiling). WE are MUSTANGS!

yeah, they were the only team I thought would give WOS a game come SC time, just wish the Soph QB woulda been healthy but is what it is. Those kids been legit since I lived back out there, they'll be back next yr. 

Yes it has been easy but only after the fact.Those were really salty teams but WO-S is just that good.Time we fans come to terms with that and quit riding the fence.Yeah I'm being cocky but it ain't my fault...It's the Mustangs fault.lol

Do you think Krum will challenge the Bobcats or will it be a massacre? Looking at Krum, they look like the 2013(or was it 2012?) Fairfield, come out of nowhere, team.

Good Luck to the Mustangs!!! I have been hearing all year long how good this Mustang team is and how  well they played together growing up! Sounds to me somebody knows whats going on!!!! I really don't think WOS is going to be tested like years before in the playoffs! I look for them to claim it all this year!!

Thought I would come over to this thread to see if there were any Bellville fans posting like the Carthage peeps are on the Silsbee thread.

Nothing to see, so carry on.

GO MUSTANGS!!!!

Ya'll must have said something like Silsbee had a chance.Never,never dispute or doubt a Bulldog backer and never hint that they could possibly lose.

Ya'll must have said something like Silsbee had a chance.Never,never dispute or doubt a Bulldog backer and never hint that they could possibly lose.

yeah...  Carthage, Brownwood and Celina fans will cut you if you even suggest that there's an outside chance their team could lose.  I deal with it daily on the statewide site.