Carthage vs Bridge City

The question is does carthage know anything about the slot-t,if they haven't seen it much then I will be a homer and say bc by 14,if they do know how to stop it then it may be closer but I still got bc...

The coaching staff does. They've faced it over the years during their run. I remember Liberty Hill (they killed us with it)  and Giddings running it a few years back. No disrespect but I just don't see this being close but who knows. What happened to the defense when district started? They've giving up a lot of points which is not good when going against an offense like Carthage.

The coaching staff does. They've faced it over the years during their run. I remember Liberty Hill (they killed us with it)  and Giddings running it a few years back. No disrespect but I just don't see this being close but who knows. What happened to the defense when district started? They've giving up a lot of points which is not good when going against an offense like Carthage.

Thats the only question mark I have with BC. But hopefully the D can stud up against Carthage in key moments and control the clock. If so BC wins the game, if not Carthage wins. #GoCards

Edited by Kj Dad

you have a point, I have said the difference maker  between our teams has been the speed of your defensive line against our big line.  Although this year I felt like our offensive line did a real good job.  I even commented that at the end of the game it looked like either team was able to run the ball pretty much att will. The problem was we didn't have the luxury to do that after falling behind.  The difference wasqaaour defense staying on the field too much.

But that big line has been just as big a part of the Tigers success this year as anyone else.  And I will be pulling for your Mustangs as well!

No need for wing T / slot T offenses up here. I mean, if it were 1967 and nobody from East Tx / DFW had won a state championship and Se Texas dominated with that style, I could see notes being taken, extra film time, but there's a reason why that offense don't work anymore at any competitive level. A disciplined, quick, physical defense will shut it down 100% of the time. You show me a team that's one dimensional and i'll show you a team that exits the playoffs quickly. I don't know much about bridge city, but when I heard they ran this offense, I started laughing. I though it died with my uncles generation 40 years ago. Anyway, good luck to y'all. We'll make it quick

No need for wing T / slot T offenses up here. I mean, if it were 1967 and nobody from East Tx / DFW had won a state championship and Se Texas dominated with that style, I could see notes being taken, extra film time, but there's a reason why that offense don't work anymore at any competitive level. A disciplined, quick, physical defense will shut it down 100% of the time. You show me a team that's one dimensional and i'll show you a team that exits the playoffs quickly. I don't know much about bridge city, but when I heard they ran this offense, I started laughing. I though it died with my uncles generation 40 years ago. Anyway, good luck to y'all. We'll make it quick

and there it is, that East Texas arrogance.

Like I said earlier. If you under estimate BC, y'all will be bouncing basketballs a lot earlier than expected.

keep thinking that and like pepper brooks mentioned they will be bouncing baskets balls on Monday. imo, i don't think carthridge will be able to stop it. their only hope will be to contain it and limit our possessions. if they put 8,9 in the box, dubose will pass on that....good luck carthridge,

I believe BC will give Carthage fits for a half or so but Carthage will slowly pull away in the 2nd half and win 42-28. I would be really surprised if Carthage completely shuts down BC offense. There's not a defense Dubois hasn't seen so they'll be ready. And to try to simulate a wing T offense in practice is tough to do especially against a team like BC that runs it so well. You can set your keys on how to stop it, but as far as timing and execution goes you just can't simulate that in 3 or 4 days of practice. Hope I'm wrong about the score and that the Cards pull this one out, especially after reading post from all the East Texas homers that give BC no chance.

keep thinking that and like pepper brooks mentioned they will be bouncing baskets balls on Monday. imo, i don't think carthridge will be able to stop it. their only hope will be to contain it and limit our possessions. if they put 8,9 in the box, dubose will pass on that....good luck carthridge,

Like i've said before and I mean no disrespect at all. I truly don't see this game being close. We heard this talk with the Kilgore game and that one was over by halftime. When it comes down to it. Carthage doesn't have to play a perfect game to win but I feel that BC does. 2 out of the 3 teams that beat us are legitimate state contenders and if we played both of them again we'd probably win. If Carthage gets beat i have no problem eating crow and I will still post on the website b/c I'd love to see WOS finally get them one.

The other Carthage poster was right talking about the wing T. That offense will NEVER win state in class 4A again. JMO.

and there it is, that East Texas arrogance.

Like I said earlier. If you under estimate BC, y'all will be bouncing basketballs a lot earlier than expected.

No offense..but a little bit of that arrogance has been earned.  Carthage has won more state titles than BC has playoff games as of late.  That doesn't mean anything now..but my point is that I feel that Carthage fans can probably be a little arrogant.

On that note..Carthage wins this one by 4 scores.

No offense..but a little bit of that arrogance has been earned.  Carthage has won more state titles than BC has playoff games as of late.  That doesn't mean anything now..but my point is that I feel that Carthage fans can probably be a little arrogant.

On that note..Carthage wins this one by 4 scores.

+1000. It's hard not to be arrogant when your team has a legit shot to win it almost every year. Keep in mind we are FANS. As a FAN i am underestimating BC. As a FAN I don't think BC has a chance. As a FAN I'm offended yall will even think this is close but I know Surratt is not arrogant about this game, the players are not underestimating you and that is what truly matters. 

I got a tie ballgame going into the 2nd Qtr.

Then time for the miscues from BC / big plays & quick scores from Carthage and next thing you know:  Carthage wins 42-14 (28 points)

Edited by MossHill2