#15 Texas A&M at #24 Ole Miss

PhatMack19

Sumlin isn't dumb. If he played Murray and he did well, all hell would break loose. So the safe thing was to put hubanek in. Smart move on his part. Clap Clap Clap!!!

Now they are saying Kyler cussed out Spav.  Why would you bench him for that?!?  Every A&M fan has wanted to do that for 2 years!

That 6th win is becoming extremely difficult to come by. 

Has Sumlin 'lost' his team?

Yes  the 6th has been hard and now with the recent play of the offense the games with SC, Vandy and Auburn now also seem to be maybe in question.

Seems like there may be some division in the locker room - there is some issue that is under the rug and why Kyler did not play - this was the perfect time to give him the whole 2nd half.  He may already be gone - but cannot take action tell the end of the season.  The play this week by Allen may just put salt on that wound as well.

My take is the defense was decent but allowed the game to get away early - then tightened up but the offense was terrible and not having or using you talented back-up indicates issues.   I have supported Sumlin as I saw and do still see improvement in the overall program - but what is Stoops nickname "big Game Stoops" looks like Sumlin might just take that away from him.

Still do no like the play calling if Spavatal - run on first, quick pass to the outside and then try to make 3rd and long then punt pretty much every series.

Edited by OldTimer

Yes  the 6th has been hard and now with the recent play of the offense the games with SC, Vandy and Auburn now also seem to be maybe in question.

Seems like there may be some division in the locker room - there is some issue that is under the rug and why Kyler did not play - this was the perfect time to give him the whole 2nd half.  He may already be gone - but cannot take action tell the end of the season.  The play this week by Allen may just put salt on that wound as well.

My take is the defense was decent but allowed the game to get away early - then tightened up but the offense was terrible and not having or using you talented back-up indicates issues.   I have supported Sumlin as I saw and do still see improvement in the overall program - but what is Stoops nickname "big Game Stoops" looks like Sumlin might just take that away from him.

Still do no like the play calling if Spavatal - run on first, quick pass to the outside and then try to make 3rd and long then punt pretty much every series.

not enough Phatmack crown drank to get me to spill yall woes. Bumlin is on his way out. 

8-4 at worst.

I agree.  Very worst case scenario for A&M going into the bowl game.  1 gimme win (D2 team), three games that they should win (Vandy, auburn, & mizzou), and one game that is winnable but they will be dogs in (LSU).  More likely they win out than finish worse than 8-4.  My bet would be 9-3. 

After that dog and pony showing, I'm not so sure the ags could.....what was that term......slobberknock?......Texas!

Cant remember any QB having such a bad outing and not being subbed earlier than that.

baddog, I was thinking that after the Bama game. Allen had meltdown last week, and completely destructed last night. I used to criticize Urban Meyer for babying Tebow, but watching Sumlin let Allen burn uncontrolled is worse. That was the ugliest  SEC game I've seen. Poor play is one thing, but the poor sportsmanship was worse. I expected an offensive shootout, but got a dumpster fire instead.  All the Ags that threw rocks at Strong and Texas are looking silly now...

Apparently, Kyler changed his pics on Twitter from A&M pics to HS pics.  Ol' Sumblin better do some damage control and fast.  It is becoming apparent that Allen is not going to be a championship caliber QB (reminds me somewhat of Chris Simms - midget killer but tends to shrink in big games).  I don't know what was said, if anything, between Murray and Spav.  I also agree that a player has no business being disrespectful to a coach ever.  But let's call yesterday a lesson learned and smooth it over.  Because you need Kyler in the future and you probably don't have much of a future there with Spav calling the plays.  I would probably take a page from Stong's book and make a change in play calling duties immediately. 

Now they are saying Kyler cussed out Spav.  Why would you bench him for that?!?  Every A&M fan has wanted to do that for 2 years!

if this is true, I have gained some respect for Sumlin.  One of those hard things that needs to be done for a lesson for the kid, and more importantly, the team.  More than I can say for Mack who allowed Case McCoy (who on his best day was nowhere near the QB that Allen or Murphy are) to keep playing after he told Coach Akina to shut up on the sideline.  But as I said, punishment needs to be over.  "It was difficult but Kyler learned his lesson and will be starting next game."