New Caney vs Crosby

Cougar14.2

With these two teams coming in with a combined record of 14-1, this should be the game of the week in SETX. Lots of the district's leading players will be on display when the Eagles come to town for homecoming. 

New Caney has only scored 10 points on Crosby the last three years and has been shut out twice. Does New Caney have what it takes to pull the upset or will Code Red stay perfect? 

Both teams have some impressive stats. I have to say the NC defense has stepped up this year. Looking at the weather forecast it may play a factor into New Caney's favor. 90% chance of rain and thunderstorms. A wet field may negate some of Crosby's team speed. However I am sure the Crosby players will be pumped up for homecoming. Of course I took my team in the pic ems but New Caney would have to have some luck go their way and not have many penalties putting them in long yardage to gain on offense. Hopefully we can make this a good game, and both teams benefit from it for the playoffs.

Both teams have some impressive stats. I have to say the NC defense has stepped up this year. Looking at the weather forecast it may play a factor into New Caney's favor. 90% chance of rain and thunderstorms. A wet field may negate some of Crosby's team speed. However I am sure the Crosby players will be pumped up for homecoming. Of course I took my team in the pic ems but New Caney would have to have some luck go their way and not have many penalties putting them in long yardage to gain on offense. Hopefully we can make this a good game, and both teams benefit from it for the playoffs.

Will this game be broadcast?

With these two teams coming in with a combined record of 14-1, this should be the game of the week in SETX. Lots of the district's leading players will be on display when the Eagles come to town for homecoming. 

New Caney has only scored 10 points on Crosby the last three years and has been shut out twice. Does New Caney have what it takes to pull the upset or will Code Red stay perfect? 

Will this game be broadcast?

I believe NC will triple their scoring output from the last three years. Can we hold Crosby to no more than 28 points will be the question.

This is an interesting one to me. I think NC may actually be good, capable of winning a playoff game or two, but then I look deeper...who have they beaten?  No one they shouldn't have. 2 - 4As non district then all the  bottom half of the district. Their one quality opponent was King and they lost. 

Dont get me wrong. I think NC may be for real. But an equal part of me wonders if they are a paper dragon???

The next 2 weeks will tell. 

Edited by Red Dawn

I believe NC will triple their scoring output from the last three years. Can we hold Crosby to no more than 28 points will be the question.

New Caney scored 20 offensive points on King, I think they hit a big play the first play of the game then were basically shut out until garbage time in the fourth. I watched the Humble game where even with the onsides kicks NC scored 17 offensive points. I think that's a tall task for NC to come in and score more on this defense than anybody has so far. Especially while holding Crosby to their lowest point output of year.  

New Caney scored 20 offensive points on King, I think they hit a big play the first play of the game then were basically shut out until garbage time in the fourth. I watched the Humble game where even with the onsides kicks NC scored 17 offensive points. I think that's a tall task for NC to come in and score more on this defense than anybody has so far. Especially while holding Crosby to their lowest point output of year.  

I think we find out over the next 2 weeks if we really did play poorly against Dayton or if that's who we are.  NC and King the next 2 weeks.  They're both good, but they're not the caliber of team that we need to struggle to beat if we want to make it to Reliant.

Edited by Red Dawn

I think we find out over the next 2 weeks if we really did play poorly against Dayton or if that's who we are.  NC and King the next 2 weeks.  They're both good, but they're not the caliber of team that we need to struggle to beat if we want to make it to Reliant.

I just keep reverting to last year and the 5 regular season games decided by a TD or less. Then we won rounds 1-3 by a combined 57 points. Probably should've beaten Hutto by another TD also. This team is a ahead of where they were at this point last year. 

I figured our title hopes were slim to none after Grace got hurt because it took Crosby's between the tackle threat away. I think Tre Edwards getting over 160 yards on 22 carries in his first start brings that threat back. It takes away from the receiving core but maybe he can used like Jordan Meyers is at Dickinson going forward? 

I know one thing to be certain though. If the defense is going to play like that, Crosby will be more than fine. 

I just keep reverting to last year and the 5 regular season games decided by a TD or less. Then we won rounds 1-3 by a combined 57 points. Probably should've beaten Hutto by another TD also. This team is a ahead of where they were at this point last year. 

I figured our title hopes were slim to none after Grace got hurt because it took Crosby's between the tackle threat away. I think Tre Edwards getting over 160 yards on 22 carries in his first start brings that threat back. It takes away from the receiving core but maybe he can used like Jordan Meyers is at Dickinson going forward? 

I know one thing to be certain though. If the defense is going to play like that, Crosby will be more than fine. 

"Three things can happen when you throw the football. Two of them are bad." The Trey Edwards find was a relief. Companied with Cotton averaging 5-7 yards a pop and our running game is back in business. I would like to see Craig "ice up" until the playoffs. Having him 100% going into the playoffs will be important. 

I find this a very interesting game

Come on man how could you play poorly against Dayton with all those D-1 players and that #2 State ranking - now Dayton on the other hand played poorly because that's what low caliber teams do .( I don't know could Crosby be over-rated ?)

/

Edited by jayhawk

Come on man how could you play poorly against Dayton with all those D-1 players and that #2 State ranking - now Dayton on the other hand played poorly because that's what low caliber teams do .( I don't know could Crosby be over-rated ?)

/

Cedar Park lost 3 regular season games and went to the state championship. Food for thought.

Wow, got to wonder why they're even playing this game.  Sounds like you Cougars are blowing New Caney off. Poor kids from NC will have an inferiority complex if they read all this.  Bet your Coach is preaching one game at a time, hint hint  

/

2 of those D1 players were standing on the sideline. With as bad a position as the defense was put in I thought they played at a very high level to only allow 229 total yards and 20 points. 

The playing poorly part is strictly in reference to the offensive execution. Dayton's defense isn't very good but Crosby made them look solid, it's a done deal now. It's hard to be perfect 16 nights in a row so if that's our off night Crosby will be fine. Cedar Park and Ennis had 5 combined losses when they met for the title last year.